Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a G23 that I had changed springs, mag release, slide release and connector. I wanted to get the G22 that I just traded for to match part for part. I also wanted to have matching sight patterns.

Parts list:

10-8 Performance rear sight x2
Dawson Performance front sight x2
LWD 3.5 Trigger connect
LWD SS guide rod
LWD Ext slide lock
LWD Ext slide stop
LWD Ext Mag release
Wolff Trigger group Comp springs

The G23 already has everything except the shights on it.

Enjoy!

Parts and Stickers! :p

Old sight patterns

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Time to strip the G22 and detail clean it. The previous owner never cleaned it I think:-(

A good youtube for full disassembly

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt want to bore with the rest of the cleaning... All though I did do a 25cent trigger job on top of the replacement parts. Got everything clean and reinstalled.

A good youtube for the 25cent trigger job...

Both Glock sights replaced and ready to shoot :cool:

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I like the sights. I still have to polish up internals on the 17. Maybe get around to that this weekend.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I do love those ugly ass Grip Force adapters.

Sights and undercutting the trigger guard on my 19 should have it where I'm in Glocktopia with it.

Feels wicked sweet after putting the Ghost Evo 3.5 connector in this weekend.

I gotta take it out for bang bang time soon.

·
Banned
0 Posts
That sight pusher shore does get around. Check out the harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner. It does much better than a warm bubble bath.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Looks great champ..

Looking forward to a range report and seeing how the sights worked out.
I may have to set my G21 up like that..:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great champ..

Looking forward to a range report and seeing how the sights worked out.
I may have to set my G21 up like that..:mrgreen:
Thank you...

The Sight pusher worked great for removing the old sights, but the new ones taller than the old sights and would not fit in the pusher. I had to do it old school putting in the new ones. They had a great fit and didnt need any filing so they went in with just a nylon hammer:|

Im just glad it didnt bugger up anything.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
That sight pusher shore does get around. Check out the harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner. It does much better than a warm bubble bath.

I need to check my garage, I use to have three Ultrasonic cleaners in there. The joys of clearing out all your fathers clock and watch repair stuff when he passes.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
1LL Is the best! Glock is looking good my friend. I just got my NiB-X 19 in today and I'm trying to figure out what sights to put on it.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got back from the range.

Im shocked that Im more accurate with the G23 than the G22:| Although I have been shooting the G23 for almost 2 years.

G23 at 21 feet
HST, Z-max, and Freedom

The holes on the right are from something else

G22 at 21 feet

HST, Z-max, Freedom and Gold dots

I do like the sights and the trigger is smooth:cool:

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
well done sir...and thanks for tossing some cash toward my buddies who work at Brownells :grin:

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
No problem... Love buying from them.
Excellent Example of a properly operated company who actually sees its employees as an asset and goes the extra mile to keep them...

They are opening a retail location within an hour of me in the next 6 months--gonna be an awesome place and wonderful trump card for all the overcharging places around here ;)

I get dealer pricing since my buddy often has me mule parts for him when I make the trip--he kicks me the discount for the effort...:grin:...gotta love living 45 minutes from their warehouse :lol:

·
Banned
0 Posts
So I have heard...:cool: I want one, and everytime I have extra $$$ it goes to something else
I need to check my garage, I use to have three Ultrasonic cleaners in there. The joys of clearing out all your fathers clock and watch repair stuff when he passes.

25 plus years of police abuse

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
What are you using as the cleaner, bottles of ammonia work great for removing dirt and grime from clock and watch gears I can not see it affecting a handgun

1 - 20 of 42 Posts