Spring kit arrived. Before I bypass the "auto takedown", any advice on installing the grip safety and auto takedown??? I've watched a YT video
on the grip safety, and the part where he zooms in on it is blurry, plus the video is only 480P quality. If I understand the sequence correctly:
1. Press inner spring into lever, short leg to left, it should hold itself in place
2. Place lever w/ spring into frame, align hole
3. Run a smaller (1/16) punch thru left side hole to hold lever w/ spring in alignment
This next part was not shown, as he did not put the "auto takedown" back in.That was the missing spring BTW. This is my supposition as to the assembly process:
1. Place outer spring onto tip of punch (yeah, right)
2. Place lever on top of this spring while pushing punch towards right side (mission impossible, I need Tom Cruise LOL)
3. Push actual pin w/ grove, longer side towards right, in from right side. Use it to displace punch.
4. Lift leg of inner spring so pin can move thru until it clicks into place
According to this forum post
, all that part does is negate pulling the trigger to remove the slide. I have to do that on every other gun I own, so IMO it's not worth the aggravation.
EDIT- I figured out a way to get it all in place. I used a drill bit vs punch since my punch didn't go all the way thru. The trick here was to lay the outer spring on the arm and hold it in place with some micro needle nose pliers, and place it as a unit. It wouldn't fit in from the top, but I was able to get it in place from the front. Carefully moving the drill bit and then the notched pin I was surprisingly able to get it in place on the 2nd try.
Time to spring forward to the next set of parts.