Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll first say I'm a frequent lurker, rare poster.
So i got a fair deal on a taurus 82 at a pawn shop. Went a shot it, joy and merriment was had by all. I bought it as a nightstand gun for my wife. She's not much of a shooter and doesn't care to go practice much.

Down to the point, is that frame shared by anything crimson trace make a grip for?

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
So i got a fair deal on a taurus 82 at a pawn shop. Went a shot it, joy and merriment was had by all. I bought it as a nightstand gun for my wife. She's not much of a shooter and doesn't care to go practice much.

Down to the point, is that frame shared by anything crimson trace make a grip for?

I would check their website. As common as the model 82s are, I'd be inclined to believe that Crimson Trace makes a LaseGrip for them.

As far as common grip frames, those would include models 65, 66, 669 and 689. ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts

Taurus medium frame. I think Crimson Trace makes a lasergrip for that.

Taurus revolvers do not use equivalent size S&W grips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been hunting around crimsons site and "think" this might work. Well I can't post links, but its the LG-385.

Somebody that understands Taurus want to double check me. From what I gather the 82 is a light weight 65. The grip above fits a 650... same thing? Newer model?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phone call made, they don't make one in case anybody was wondering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
I've been hunting around crimsons site and "think" this might work. Well I can't post links, but its the LG-385.

Somebody that understands Taurus want to double check me. From what I gather the 82 is a light weight 65. The grip above fits a 650... same thing? Newer model?

The 82 is the medium frame .38 Sp. Service model and the 65 is the medium frame .357 Magnum Service model. The other model numbers I listed in my first post are all for the same medium frame grip size for Taurus revelovers, not S&W. Some of the numbers are similar enough or the same (i.e. 65 & 66 ) to make it a bit confusing. In the past, I have owned an M82, 66 and 669. They all have the same grip frame as mentioned earlier. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts