Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke down and went to the range today. Well, I wouldnt call it breaking down, but Ill be going again Friday. So this one was an extra treat. All rounds were fired with my strong hand supported by my weak. All sheets have the hole on top, so that is not me.

7 yards - 15 rounds

7 yards - 15 rounds

7 yards - 15 rounds

15 yards - 5 rounds

7 yards - 30 rounds

10 yards - 20 rounds

Not horrible, but I need some work for sure.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Good first range trip. As I have learned, those groups will get even better with practice. I dry fired the heck out of mine (using snap caps) until my fingers were stiff :). I found it helped me reduce anticipation and jerking, as well as better hand gripping techniques.

Hope to see more soon!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to get some snap caps to practice this. I need to work on breathing and arm control as well. I see others shooting and I feel like I let the gun move too much when I shoot. I could be wrong, but still have lots to learn. I hope to see these groups get tighter and more center. Then Ill probably move the paper out more. I moved it out to 15 yards just for fun.

I might have to work on stance as well. I dont know if there is a name for it, but I figured it was more of a defensive stance. One foot back and one forward. I know watching others shoot, I see people standing with their feet side by side.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sweet gun, eh? Once you get down the basics of shooting at a static target, pick up a book like "Modern Day Gunslinger" to learn the next steps. This book is really opening up my eyes. He basically takes his experience as a SEAL and marries it to the expertise of other experts like Grossman, Ayoob and others.

RJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice shooting! Like you I'm still working on grip, stance, and really just focus as opposed to just throwing rounds down range. Keep us posted if you come up with anything that works out well for you.

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
Not bad at all! Keep shooting and the shots will get tighter!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great first trip. I get mine Friday will be going to the range as soon as
I get it. Hopefully will have some targets worth putting up on here.
I never was great with a pistol, but am looking to improve my skill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts