Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just put 20% down on a Sig P220 Equinox! I have been wanting one of these beautiful guns for a long while now, and I figured I would just call it a birthday present to myself. Less than $800 left to pay off and she comes home!

P220 Equinox™ The Equinox® is the balance between day and night. So it should come as no surprise that the SIG SAUER® P220® Equinox has evolved from the SIG SAUER® Custom Shop. The P220 Equinox is a limited production .45ACP designed by SIG SAUER Custom Shop master gunsmiths. It features a two-tone accented Nitron® stainless steel slide with a lightweight black hard-anodized alloy frame. The contrast in color is achieved by the brush polished flats of the slide and nickel accents. The combination of the TRUGLO® Tritium Fiber Optic front sight and the rear SIGLITE® night sight, provides excellent target acquisition, whether shooting day or night. To further enhance the low-light use, the Equinox™ comes equipped with an accessory rail. To complete the package, the Equinox™ comes with gray laminated wood grips with a perfect blend of checkering and stippling to enhance not only the form but the function.
Specification Value Accessories
Item Number220R-45-EQ Caliber.45ACP Action TypeDA/SA Trigger Pull DA10.0 lbs Trigger Pull SA4.4 lbs Overall Length7.70 in Overall Height5.50 in Overall Width1.50 in Barrel Length4.40 in Sight Radius6.30 in Weight w/ Mag30.4 oz Mag Capacity8 Rounds Sights
TRUGLO® Front, SIGLITE® Rear / Front
Grips
Custom Shop Wood Grips
Frame Finish
Black Hard Anodized
Slide Finish
Nitron® Finish with ground side flats

Accessory RailYes Options
Brush polished flats of the slide and nickel accents

MSRP
$1,143.00

CA CompliantYes MA CompliantNo

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am truly jealous. Seriously, I don't think there is a more beautiful handgun line than the Sig Equinox. I love my p226 9mm and my bro's p220. Wish I could offord the prettier model. Nobody would touch it.

Congrats
BK

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Congrats. I have a 220, but not the equinox. They are great guns. Very reliable, accurate and comfy.

Enjoy it and be sure to update us with a range report and photos when you get it.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
You only live once man. I thought about putting a P220 Combat in layaway, or a P220 beaver tail.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Congrats on a superb handgun! I just traded a springer a few days ago for my 2nd Sig... They are very nice guns...

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
You only live once man. I thought about putting a P220 Combat in layaway, or a P220 beaver tail.

I think the Tactical would be a great idea. You've worked hard all year.:-D A 220 is in my future as well I hope....

·
Registered
29,763 Posts
That's a darn good-looking pistol. I've been toying with picking one up for a while...I just wish you could get an Equinox with the SAO trigger...

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those tactical P220s are neat looking. They had one next to the P220 Equinox for about $100 more, with the threaded barrel. I like that greenish/gold finish on the Combat too. Its very unique. I really wanted it, but I technically couldn't afford the one I bought (thus the lay-away). Plus I am tired of carrying around my GLOCKs off-duty. I love them, but they are clunky looking. They are just tools, really. They get a job done, well, but are all about function. The Sigs are classy though, on top of the function. And the Equinox line is just damn classy! :D

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
You won't regret the equinox.

I like the look of mine ALMOST enough to carry something else.

I emphasize "ALMOST"

It's in my holster more than it's not.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I have to admit that I am not big on flashy finishes like the SIG Equniox line, but I do own an old plane Jane W. German P220 and its a VERY good shooter. Accurate and totally reliable - mine was made in 1977 and I have not replaced one part...ever. Gotta love that kind of reliability.

Enjoy it...whatever finish it wears, the SIG P220 is one hell of a good shooting single stack 45!

- brickboy240

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
that is by far one of my favorite Sigs i am so jealous!!!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats! Bet you can't wait to get that sweet gun home. :)
Its killing me. I just cut out an organ to sell for lay-away money! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts