Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised you all a range report when I finally got to shoot my new XDM .45, and here it is! I finally got out to the range tonight. I joined a local pistol club and got to put a box through the gun during orientation.
What a pleasure to shoot! I was a bit all over with the first 2 magazines, and I have a whole bunch of excuses ready to go, but I finally settled down and put some good groups together. The gun fired very smoothly, more so than I was expecting. I was expecting a greater recoil from the .45, but I really didn't notice it after a few rounds. Looking forward to going again as soon as I can.

I can now officially join the count...50 rounds fired, no malfunctions!!!:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
nice! throw that 50 rounds into the rolling round count thread!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Nice! I'd love to fire a XDM45 next to my XD45 and compare. I have an XDM9 and I can feel how much tighter it is but with the .5" longer barrel and different caliber it's not a direct comparison.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice! I'd love to fire a XDM45 next to my XD45 and compare. I have an XDM9 and I can feel how much tighter it is but with the .5" longer barrel and different caliber it's not a direct comparison.
Zulu Hotel, if you ever come Colorado-way with your XD, I'll let you shoot my new XDm alongside your XD. Is your XD a Tac with the 4", or a Service?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Zulu Hotel, if you ever come Colorado-way with your XD, I'll let you shoot my new XDm alongside your XD. Is your XD a Tac with the 4", or a Service?
4", I'll keep that in mind thanks!

I still love my XD45, it needed grip tape badly but once I put that on there it's like a favorite old pair of jeans! I just love shooting it even though there is an improved version. I'm excited to get a trigger job on it when I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts