Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting my first club match tonight with the Dallas IDPA. This will be my first time to shoot and move!

I sure hope I don't make a fool of myself :) Kinda nervous!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Relax and have fun..learn the range rules in practice first, then worry about being competitve after the basics are engrained. Good luck and
enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Remember safety first and have fun. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
keep your finger out of the trigger, watch your muzzle,

other than that have fun, forget the clock, and forget the score.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Listen to what advice the regulars have to say, learn as much as you can, concentrate on being safe and shooting well. Don't rush for the clock, a good score will be better than a fast time. Most importantly, have fun. It will be a new addiction.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Go slow, speed will come the more you shoot, like other said, watch muzzle and where trigger finger is ... if you don't understand the stage, let them know.

Most SO's or RO's have handled many new shooters, they will keep you on the right track.

Enjoy the match

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.. I shot like crap because I rushed it. At least I did not get any safety or procedural violations.

I did have fun, but there was so much just standing around. I was there 2.5 hours and shot 4 times.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Next time out just take your time and get your hits. Speed will come but you have to shoot within your abilities and at first that is usually slow and sure. It'll get better every time. Know what you mean about the time wrapped up for what is probably less than 3-4 minutes shooting. Good time to pick the brains about how to attach COF's and find out what equipment everyone is using; guns, holsters, reloads, etc. You can put all that "down" time to good use. Congrats on the 1st one. Tell us all how the 2nd goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts