Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up my first glock. It's a glock 27 and I'm am really pumped about it. I love my xd40 but I held and fired the xd compact and the xdm and just wasn't sold on either. Almost seemed top heavy, maybe it's me or maybe it's because the rest of the gun is so small but I decided that the 27 was for me. This will likely become my daily carry. Any thoughts on holsters? Likely to get a super tuck. Have one for my xd 40 full size and it's pretty comfortable. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I prefere my XD9sc over the subcompact Glocks but my new Glock 19 is a fantastic compact gun!! I still prefer the feel of the XD/XDM over Glocks but the 19 is a hard one to beat.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have nothing against anything made Springfield! I love my xd .40 . I just didn't feel like the xd compact was for me. It didn't feel right in my hand. Still plan on pickin pna xdm 9mm in the future and wouldmlove to get a range officer. Happy with my new glock 27.

·
Registered
407 Posts
congrats on the glock! i actually just sold my xd40sc today so i could buy a glock 27. i love my xd but after i carried my buddies 27 for a day (while i was getting triggys put on the xd) i decided it was way more comfortable on my ankle. now i just need to get the money in my hand so i can pick up the new toy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol!

I love my Glocks. The nice thing about the G27 is that you can always drop in a 9mm barrel or even a .357 Sig if you feel like a change. It's a great little gun.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Congrats. on your new G27. I love my XDsc, but I am ordering up a G26 this fall for summertime pocket carry. Got to love that tappered slide towards the muzzle.

I always wonder what is next for the XD? And am hopeing we get a simlar scaled down pocket version like the G26/27

·
Registered
486 Posts
I traded in my xd40 for a Glock 27. I like the Glock a lot more. With the proper grip and your weight forward (proper stance) I find that it hardly jumps at all. A lot less than the XD in my opinion; I think because the slide sits lower on the glock. It fits my hand better anyway. I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck, but when this is worn out I think I might like to get a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. The reason is because I had to do a home-made combat cut on the Crossbreed in order to grip the gun properly. With the grip being that small, you really can't have anything behind it in order to get a good grip on it. so if you get the crossbreed, I suggest getting the combat cut.

·
Registered
407 Posts
With the grip being that small, you really can't have anything behind it in order to get a good grip on it. so if you get the crossbreed, I suggest getting the combat cut.

thanks for the tip. i decided i was gonna order a crossbreed after i got my g27. but wasnt yet sure on the combat cut :rolleyes:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Like a few others I also sold my XD40sc for a G27. It carries better and the recoil, at least to me, is the same. Even with my pinky hanging off the grip is is still very easy to control and I don't notice any more muzzle flip. It think it may be due to the sharp grip angle and lower slide. I have the combat cut and I am going to order a new one without it. I have an Agrip on my G27 and a grip sleeve on my G19 and they get pretty annoying rubbing against my side.

·
Registered
486 Posts
So you've got two different opinions for the combat cut for the G27. I had to take a razor to mine because i couldn't get a proper grip on it in order to draw smoothly and firmly. I couldn't get my thumb around the grip well enough and found myself using my fingers to pull it up just enough so I could get a good purchase on the gun.

It helped out a lot when I took a class with it. Another guy was having a difficult time getting a good purchase on his baby glock because the gun sat so snugly against the leather piece.

It's your decision. You could always cut it if you didn't like it I guess.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just ordered a lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel. Need to pick up a couple of glock 26 mags.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I just ordered a lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel. Need to pick up a couple of glock 26 mags.
Speaking of your conversion barrel. Is there/ or could there be the same issues with extraction as there is with the XD conversion barrels. :confused:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grats on the Glock. I just joined the GSSF and will be picking up my first Glock in a month or 3 (probably a Gen 4 G17). Personally I like the XDm more but the GSSF program is just too good to pass up, especially the monthly matches at my local range.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts