Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I just ordered my first firearm, a bi-tone SA Xdm 9mm 3.8 compact and am anxiously awaiting its arrival to my local ffl. I've been lurking here for a while, and all the great posts convinced me the Xdm is the right first firearm for me (also renting one at a local range, while comparing it to other 9 mm's helped too). It should be here in a week or so, then it's off to the range for a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum from Georgia!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the first gun. Let us know how the first outing goes.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats…that's the same firearm that was my first as well…shortly after there were more though, so look out! :)

Seriously, found it great as a first gun, no issues with it and it's fun to shoot.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You are doomed... :) My first firearm led to several more purchases and I just recently bought another one to add to my carry rotation.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. If this will be your first experience with handguns I would suggest some training by qualified instructors so you learn how to properly handle the huge responsibility and liability you will soon own. Other than that stay safe and shoot as much as the ammo budget will allow... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kinda like potato chips, can't eat just one. It took a lot to get my wife to agree to one, we'll see if we can get to two in the next decade��
I did buy a safe big enough for a few guns, just in case though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts