Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went a little cheap on the upper and lower with Anderson but the fit and finish is good enough for me. The 14.5" pinned barrel shoots great and the Magpul SL stuff feels real nice. Just a basic fun gun. I still need to get a good red dot and hoping Santa helps me out with that one :mrgreen:.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Congrats on your first build and, Welcome to the AR addiction.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I just bought some Anderson uppers. Didn't need 'em, but the price was right, and they came with the ejection port door and f.a. installed. I really like Aero Precision. Intend to try A.P. enhanced upper...but not anytime soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think the AP Enhanced will be my next build Mercmar. I may even go with the pre-built upper they offer with the 223 Wylde barrel, I kind of want a mid weight coyote rifle and I think that upper would be perfect.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Congrats and nice looking fun gun! They are a ton of fun to shoot. I think its because they're accurate and so easy to shoot. Makes me feel like I'm good :)

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Nice smokepole you got there Kanati. Congrats! I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. It sure is a barrel of monkies! I really like that MSA QD-MOE sling attachment. Got one coming for mine. You'll find out that basic don't stay "basic" for very long. A worthy yet affordable Red Dot can be found with Vortex.

Reactions: Minkman555

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Do you have the Strikefire or the Sparc? I have been looking at Eotech's and Aimpoints. I forgot all about the Vortex red dots.
Have got a Spitfire 3x prisim in my basket for Santa to swing by and pickup. After doing my homework of quality to affordability, is where I came down. An excellent ACOG for the coin. ;)

Reactions: Ryno785

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
$349 Optics Planet

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Not to shabby. Congrats

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I only have experience with the Anderson stripped lowers and they both have been fantastic. I don't want to sound like a shameless plug, but as long as they keep their prices and their quality at this point, that is all I will continue buying.

I'm more than satisfied with my 2.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I built this from parts, nothing was assembled but the BCG. Well, the front sight was installed on the barrel because of the pinned flash hider. I figured I would learn more that way.
AFG Trigger Kit
BCM Charging Handle
PSA Buffer, Tube and LPK minus the fire group.
Windham Weaponry 1/7 twist.
Spikes BCG (my sons build has a Ares Armor)
Magpul Pro rear sight.
Magpul SL plastics in OD, my sons will be FDE when finished.
Over 100 flawless rounds now and I really like it!

I have it narrowed down to the Sparc II or the Strikefire II, great reviews on both.

Oh, and I am not slamming Anderson, they work as designed and I am not changing a thing.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Building them is the way to go. You learn a lot and you get to really personalize your rifle. It's an addiction.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts