Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After considerable deliberation, and probably more information than I can process, I've decided to order a Colt SP6920.

I considered many others, and I either don't understand the specs, and/or found most of them on backorder. Spikes was high on my list, but I'm not waiting around for a few months or more for this. I realize I could do more research and arrive at a better bargain, or make my first rifle a build, but the only way I'm learning what I want is to have a rifle in my hands ASAP.

Simple, quality, and standard. Just a little more than I wanted to spend, but a solid foundation to build on, or to trade up with, if I decide to do that in the future. Immediately shipable from various dealers for about $1050.

If anyone has an objection to this relationship, speak now or forever hold your peace.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sig 556.

Reason? External gas/piston

If you are going to buy an internal gas system, then Colt is among the best. 1:7 barrel is a good choice.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You will do great with the Colt SP6920 as your first AR. Shoot it, strip it, monkey with it, shoot it, and when the call comes for rifle #2 (you know it will), you'll be better prepared to shop for parts and build what you want, how you want.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great choice on the gold standard! Now learn to shoot, shoot, and shoot some more before adding optics and other stuff on it :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Unzipped and waiting! SP6920 delivered to my FFL this morning!
Hope you got a decent deal. My 6920 was $1009 delivered (prior to FFL Transfer) 6 weeks ago, and I know the vendor still shows them in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts