Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally just got my first AR. I'm planning to take it out for a test drive tomorrow. I am VERY green when it comes to ARs... Is there anything special I need to do for a break-in period or is there any advise someone wants to throw at me?

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pics. (planning on taking better ones later)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is anyone's preferred lube? I use FP-10 on my 1911 an XDs, is that good for the AR as well?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Seems that CLP is the most often mentioned and you should note that many people suggest the bolt be run "wet". Wet is defined as "CLP spread with your finger and NOT wiped off afterwards".

Probably some of the newer "vegetable based" lubes like frog lube and gunzilla are getting popular too.

ARs run pretty dirty with a std. gas system and running it "wet" makes cleanup easier AND will keep a dirty gun running longer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Make sure the rifle is clean, lubed, and ready to shoot, then put about 2000 rounds throught it. When you get home and your boner has gone away, clean and re-lube for the next session.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Make sure the rifle is clean, lubed, and ready to shoot, then put about 2000 rounds throught it. When you get home and your boner has gone away, clean and re-lube for the next session.
^ LMAO...yeah, what he said! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I second the tetra grease...Congrats on the new AR...:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts