Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got out of the army years back, I've always wanted an AR. I loved the M-16, was an expert rifleman, but could never really afford, or justify getting one. I picked up a sweet RRA Tactical CAR A-4, with the hogue grip, two stage trigger and chome lined barrel. I've taken it out twice and I'm in love! lol I've since read a lot of posts on RRA on another forum,(that I did not like), and was just wondering opinions here. I'm not in LE, or am I heading to war with it. I think it is absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Although I don't own an RRA, there is nothing wrong with them.

And there's nothing really wrong with most any other AR brand out there either (except maybe Hesse), but on internet forums, a large number of folks think that if you don't have the same brand gun as they own, that your choice was inferior because it is different from theirs.

It sounds like you know how to maintain and shoot the weapon, so that's what you need to enjoy doing. The RRA should give you years of reliable performance.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Agree its a good brand. The using of lock tight type of sealant on the castle nut instead of staking it has been a complaint from a few folks but that is minor. Used to see complaints about early trigger wear on their 2stages but lately seen alot of folks praise their own experiences.

Sounds like you are happy with it, no real reason not to be.;)

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the AR...Lots of happy folks who own RRAs...Enjoy...:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fine! Here's a halfway decent shot of my awesome RRA!

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
My cousin has one and I've shot it a few different times. I actually like it more then his Sig rifles. It's a nice rifle, fun to shoot and hes never had any issues with it.
Now you just need to hit the range and have some fun! :p

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
RRA makes some quality weapons, I own a midlength and its been a great rifle over the years. Some folks feel that if its not mil-spec complete that its not worth owning.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Knox,

I bet you can knock the balls off a fly with that thing. Don't let anyone tell you that the weapon is inferior, you my Friend are the weapon. Shoot the hell out of it, get comfy with it and you will see what I mean. I built my first AR out of the only parts I could afford until I got it all together. My buddies all need scopes to hit targets 200 yards out, I can hit them with iron sights no problem. like I said, shoot the hell out of it and you will see. Enjoy the new toy and thank you for your service!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts