Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday at the gun show I picked up a Ruger SR 556. I haven't gone out to shoot it yet, but was purchased used. Said very few rounds through it, and you can tell. Looks brand new, soooo happy with my purchase. This was a litte out of my range brand new but got an awesome deal and I always wanted this one!

Picked up a different vertical grip while I was at the show and already got it on. Keeping the flip up sights for now, and might look into a red-dot down the road.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Looks nice, midlength gas system?:)

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
The Ruger is a piston, not an impingment system at all. ;)

What front grip is in the picture? Is it aluminum or plastic?

As for this particular design, Ruger has always used a 1:9 barrel, so this will likely prefer ammo under 69 gr. but the only sure way to tell would be to try some 70 gr+ stuff to make sure that one isn't an exception.

·
Registered
838 Posts

As for this particular design, Ruger has always used a 1:9 barrel, so this will likely prefer ammo under 69 gr. but the only sure way to tell would be to try some 70 gr+ stuff to make sure that one isn't an exception.
OK, thanks, I knew that about their uppers that were popular a few months ago but it slipped my mind. Still, nice looking.;)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on the new AR, she looks nice...:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Its an aluminum piece, picked it up from a vendor at the show. It came with a different style plastic one I didn't like that the guy had put on.

Good to know about the ammo, I picked up a bunche of American Eagle to go out with next weekend and its low graint count so shouldn't have an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks, I knew that about their uppers that were popular a few months ago but it slipped my mind. Still, nice looking.;)
Congrats on the new AR, she looks nice...:)
Thanks guys. I had a certain end goal of how I wanted it to look and function. This opportunity to get this rifle gave me quite a head start on my goal.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

This is what it looks like. And if it is, this is the one I have for my AR as well. Its kinda bulky, but not as bad as people would think. And you can hold 7 rounds inside or what ever else that size.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR251-1.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yeah, I like mine a lot. Did you open the bottom piece? If so, did it smell weird to you? lol

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yeah, my grip smelled funny when I got it. Like bad rubber and grease.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts