Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom Built AR-15, chambered in 5.56/.223

Here's a list of parts used in this build.

-LMT 16" Flattop Upper Receiver w/ 1/7 Twist, Chrome-lined Barrel

-LMT Bolt Carrier Group

-LMT Charging Handle

-YHM Free Float 4 Rail Handguard

-Spike's Tactical (Punisher) Stripped Lower

-Rock River Arms 2-Stage National Match Trigger

-Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

-Falcon Industries ERGO 'SureGrip' Pistol Grip

-Ace Full Size Skeleton Stock

-Magpul 30 Round Windowless PMAG's (X3)

-EOTech 511 Holographic Optic

-SureFire Ladder-Style Rail Covers

I still need to get some Troy front and rear flip-up sights.

Here are a couple pictures of the handguard with the rail covers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like it, and you did good for $1,500. You could spend almost that much on a vanilla bushmaster if you include the Eotech.

Good stuff! Where did you get the Spikes lower? I'm in the market for one myself....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it, and you did good for $1,500. You could spend almost that much on a vanilla bushmaster if you include the Eotech.

Good stuff! Where did you get the Spikes lower? I'm in the market for one myself....
I picked it up from a forum vendor on TnGunOwners.net. He sets up a booth at one of our local gun shows. You can find them all over the place.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Not bad but not my style. The stock looks kind of weird. Is that foam?
Ace stocks rock!! I had one, and like a dummy got bored with it and sold it, missed it, and bought another. I'm hanging on to the one I have now. I doubt I'll ever get rid of this one. It's on my M4 and will stay there.

MidwayUSA - ACE Skeleton Buttstock 9.9" Overall Length AR-15 Aluminum Black

3digitride, seems like we have the same taste. I'm wanting one of those YHM spectre lightweights pretty bad right now for a future upper build.

Here's a pic of my M4. (top in picture) It's setup very similiar to yours.

Congrats on the Carbine.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ace stocks rock!! I had one, and like a dummy got bored with it and sold it, missed it, and bought another. I'm hanging on to the one I have now. I doubt I'll ever get rid of this one. It's on my M4 and will stay there.

MidwayUSA - ACE Skeleton Buttstock 9.9" Overall Length AR-15 Aluminum Black

3digitride, seems like we have the same taste. I'm wanting one of those YHM spectre lightweights pretty bad right now for a future upper build.

Here's a pic of my M4. (top in picture) It's setup very similiar to yours.

Congrats on the Carbine.
Thanks! You've got some nice evil rifles there.

Yes, the Ace stocks are great, IMHO. I know most folks like all the adjustments offered on most other stocks, but I personally like the simplicity that the Ace Skeleton offers. No, they probably aren't the most tacti-cool, but it sure does it's intended job quite nicely.

Is yours painted, or did you buy it that way? I don't recall ever seeing them in any colors other than black. I like it.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I've got several AR's, but the top M4 is the only one I had in this pic. The 6.8 and 50 Beowulf right below it is Gunslinger45's and the Spike's M4 is another buddy of mine who built it as soon as he got back from the sandpit. We snapped the pic just before we left the shoot.

I'll send you a PM to answer the finish questions so I don't hijack your thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts