Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I went to the gun show here in Charleston with the intention of buying a Plumb Crazy complete lower for $99 and then buying a Palmetto State or Spikes upper. I ended purchasing the Plumb Crazy Lower and at the same place found a Stag 16" 3H upper for $400. So I was out the door for about $600 for a complete AR-15, 3 PMags and 120 rds of ammo for the range.

I then bought a cheap red dot scope off amazon while I continue to save money and then bought like new but used Magpul MOE Handguard, Stock and MBUS backup sights from a buddy at work all for $50.

So today I decided to head out to the range. I placed the target at approximately 50 yards to sight it in. Because I couldn't see the single hits I would do three rounds groups so I could see where I was hitting and then would adjust the scope, and then take a few more shots and adjust. After about 15 rds from the bench I had the red dot pretty well sighted in.

In total I shot all 100 rds from the 50 yard mark. You can see where I started out high and right, changed a flew clicks and was still high and right. I then got it centered and high and was then able to get it centered. After zeroing in with the red dot and shoot one mag from the bench. That mag was the tight group in the lower head.

After that I shoot two more mags from a standing position which is most of the bullets in the 9 and 10 rings. I then did a little more fine tuning to the red dot and got the higher and more centered group on the head and the group on the little silhouette in the corner.

I also got to shoot about 75 rounds from my XD and 30 from my 1911 but some a-hole at the range decided to light it up with his shotgun when I went to pack my guns up in the car, so no pics of that target. :evil:

Over all, I had a great time and ended up with a great budget rifle that I love shooting. I know there are some Plumb Crazy haters but I bought the lower as a stepping stone as I am still trying to save money for a wedding and honeymoon. Even though it's polymer it still function perfectly with all 120 rounds going bang and zero failure.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Looking good and for a great price too. I hope it serves you well!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Good buy....I need to find a deal like that

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Great price for a rifle....There will always be haters, just don't mind them....:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lookin' good! I myself give a +1 to your priorities...I got married myself 3 weeks ago, and in the months leading up to it I found a way to score myself a NIB XDm9 compact with all the PRP bells and whistles, and a thousand rounds from bulkammo.com to boot. With the right planning, you're gonna be fine, and congrats!

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's one heck of a deal that's hard to pass up.

Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. For the price you really can't beat it. I was a little skeptical about the polymer lower when a friend first told me about them a while back but after shooting his I was really impressed. I don't expect it the polymer lower to be indestructible or reliable in military applications but for a plinker and home defense it's a great lower.

The only thing I didn't like about the lower was the original grip hurt my hand but I knew I was going to get the Hogue grip anyways so it was a moot point. Also the Magpul stuff is really nice and I can't thank my buddy enough for selling it to me so cheaply. The original stock and handguard were nice but the Magpul really classes it up ;)

Also, you can ignore the light I have on it. I was playing with my TLR-3 I normally have mounted on the XD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts