Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K.,,, this is all you guy's fault. I have caught a terminal case on B.R.D.

This was the result.....:D

My first AR build.

Mega Upper and Mega Gator Lower, Hogue grip

Yankee Hill Machine - Diamond fluted barrel with YHM Phantom 5C1

YHM Full Floated hand guard with end cap.

CAA collapsible stock.

Lewis Machine and Tool - Bolt and Carrier.
Rock River Arms - Gas tube and lower parts kit.
YHM - low profile gas block.

Waiting on my YHM flip up sites and an EOTech 516 sight.

What do ya think??? :cool:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sweet EBR!!!! I hear you on the BRD!!! I wish my build would move along a little faster but oh well. What are you going to do with the C-word (Christmas) right around the corner and 4 kids to play Santa for. Looks like the tax return is when I really get my scratch itched!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Very nice. I have a YHM barrel on my new build as well, but have not had the chance to shoot it (been traveling for work lately). Have you shot it yet? I am eager to hear peoples reviews of these barrels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
nice free float. do you necessarily need a endcap for a free float barrel?? I am waiting for my del ton in the mail with a YHM 4 rail free float. should i get a endcap for that?

·
Registered
760 Posts
nice free float. do you necessarily need a endcap for a free float barrel?? I am waiting for my del ton in the mail with a YHM 4 rail free float. should i get a endcap for that?
Unless you went lightweight, an end cap will probably already be installed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did not go lightweight. but if it did not come with one. do I necessarily need one?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just thought that the end cap made it look "Finished". You don't really need it. And it was a separate item.

I would also like to thank:

Yankee Hill Machine.
Rainier Arms.
Carrico'z ARmory.
Shooters of America.

For great parts and a lot of great info.
And also this forum.

Thanks Guys!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Ooohhh Yeahh! Love those MEGA receivers! Thats what I have as well with a nice sprinkling of YHM parts and goodies. Waiting on a good scope or EoTech though.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I bought mine locally so there was no shipping. My upper was $115 (stripped) and the lower was about $140 (stripped).

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I picked up a stripped Mega upper for $89 a few months ago. Added a upper parts kit from Adco for I think it was $15. Complete receivers with or without M4 ramps are about $125 or so. Lowers are about the same as others price wise.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Damn, that's not bad !! They are forged, right? I had someone tell me they were billet but they can't be for that price !! How would you compare them to CMMGs?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Mega's are forged. Or at least the ones I have handled are.

As for their complete uppers, I don't really like the triangle handguard cap with round handguards that was on the one I played with. There was like a notch cut in it so the lip of the forend would fit into it. It made the whole forend just feel awful.

But their machining work is pretty dog gone nice if you're just asking about the quality of them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts