Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally purchased my first 380. It's a Bersa Firestorm, It's my 2nd SA/DA semi auto. The pistol feels pretty good in my hands, a tad small. The fit and finish are great. I think it's a very attractive gun. This pistol was purchased with my baby girl in mind (currently 7). It has a good double action pull and a good single action pull, I'm sure that a little polishing will turn this good trigger to a great trigger. Iv had this pistol for about a week now and have yet to shoot it. I'm in no rush as I'm breaking her in using a laser trainer and hand cycling, also a coworker of mine purchased 1 and we plan on taking them out the same day. I went all in and purchased everything needed to reload 380 as factory ammo is pricey. I also purchased 2 spare promag magazine's as the Bersa only came with 1. The Promags say they hold 7 rounds but they actually hold 8.
Automotive exterior Electronic device Auto part Font Bumper

This isn't what I would call a pocket pistol but it's small and super light. I'm currently looking for holster options anybody with carrying experience please share your thoughts.

· Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Bersa's are usually pretty good, Always magazine dependent, Never tried ProMag's in one, they have a more spotty record compared to Mecgar. Hope your combo works well.

Reactions: Mike51392

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bersa's are usually pretty good, Always magazine dependent, Never tried ProMag's in one, they have a more spotty record compared to Mecgar. Hope your combo works well.
Yeah buddy, I wanted the Mecgear but they weren't available from Midway USA at the time. I was happy to find out that the promag hold 8 and not 7 rounds. Now it's just testing them to see if there reliable.

· Registered
2,502 Posts
Yeah buddy, I wanted the Mecgear but they weren't available from Midway USA at the time. I was happy to find out that the promag hold 8 and not 7 rounds. Now it's just testing them to see if there reliable.
When you stuff 8 rounds in that mag can you still push the top round down a bit? Say half the diam of a round. If not it may not feed well.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you stuff 8 rounds in that mag can you still push the top round down a bit? Say half the diam of a round. If not it may not feed well.
I can on the Promags. When I stuff 8 rounds in the OEM Bersa mag. The mag can NOT be inserted to the pistol. Feeding 8 rounds into the Promag doesn't feel bad in any sense. It's just as easy feeding the 8th round as it is the 7th.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally I was hoping for the Mecgear but they weren't in stock. So I went with Promags they claim 7 rounds but they fit 8. I have yet to shoot the pistol but they hand cycle just fine.

· Registered
2,290 Posts
Originally I was hoping for the Mecgear but they weren't in stock. So I went with Promags they claim 7 rounds but they fit 8. I have yet to shoot the pistol but they hand cycle just fine.
You are aware that the business name "promag" is an acronym, right?

It stands for:

P lease
R remember
O ur
M agazines
A re
G arbage

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm well aware of the reputation that they have. I wouldn't call it a premium grade mag but they don't carry a premium price. I purchased 3 Promag 10 round magazines for my government 1911. The magazines were a little wider than the OEM mags. I had modify the mag catch in order for the mags to insert and drop out free. So far the mags work great and at $12.99 each I'm happy with my purchase.
Quick mag catch / release video

· Registered
2,290 Posts
I know two decades ago they didn't work enough to offset the cost of buying better mags when I carried a 1911, they are currently useless in M&P guns, not sure about other guns but all the forums I look at people are having issues with them.
I got burned by them twice/two different gun platforms so there won't be a third try from me.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Couldn't take the finger groves anymore they were bugging the heck out of me, as did the magazine pinky extension's (Bersa & Promag). So a few cuts with a box cutter with a fresh blade and Bam!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Rectangle Bumper Automotive tire Rim Gas

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brown Wood Sleeve Beige Dress shirt

Textile Sleeve Wood Everyday carry Jewellery

Font Paint Auto part Art Nut

Finger Automotive tire Thumb Nail Rim

So I did a trigger job on the Bersa. I cut 2-3 coils off the safety plunger and the firing pin return spring. I cut 3 coils off the hammer spring. I bent the trigger spring to relieve a little tension. I also Polished all contact points on all the trigger components. It came out amazing. It's almost on par with my CZ75. This little pistol is easy to shoot accurately. The problem I have with it, is it beats up my thumb and webbing area. It's only seen about 200 rounds. I look forward to taking her back out to the range. I gotta get back into reloading as I have all the components needed to reload. It's unfortunate that there's no aftermarket support for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts