Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the plunge and found myself bidding on a Kimber Custom TLE II! Lo and behold, I won the auction with what I feel is a GREAT price. Now the hardest part...waiting on the delivery! Pics, range report to follow. And y'all get ready for a stream of questions for me!

...must resist urge to ask what obvious tips y'all have for a firsty!

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
congrats, now what type of mags does it come with?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, it only comes with the one factory mag...I've been reading up on it, looking at Wilson maybe...I'll see what happens!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats! I know the feeling, 6 weeks from today I will be united with my first 1911! A Sig TAC OP!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ah, it only comes with the one factory mag...I've been reading up on it, looking at Wilson maybe...I'll see what happens!

The Wilson 47d's are great mags. I had nothing but Chip McCormick mags for the longest time & then used a Wilson lent to me at a USPSA match & now every single mag bought from now on will be a Wilson. I love the anit-tilt followers they use (makes loading easier). Not to say the CM's are bad mags, they've never let me down & that's all I can ask from them. However, I prefer the Wilson's now that I could compare the two.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Congrats on the Kimber! I would recommend wilson combat 47d's as well. Great mags. worth every penny.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Buy lots of ammo now.

I have been rocking a TLE II for about 3 years now and love it. Very accurate and totally reliable.

Try the Kimber Kim Pro Tac Mags. I recently bought one and it was 10 dollars cheaper than the 47D Wilson (I own those too) and runs fine in all my 1911s.

(...and yes...start saving for your next 1911...this won't be your only one...I have four!)

- brickboy240

·
Registered
118 Posts
+1 on the Kim Pro Tac Mags. They work great in my Pro Carry II. They can be had for 17.95 from a few online stores.

·
Registered
408 Posts
+1 on the Kim Pro Tac Mags. They work great in my Pro Carry II. They can be had for 17.95 from a few online stores.

I know they're in stock at buds right now for that price.

also, lowlife & brick have valid points...... if you don't keep an eye on those pesky 1911's, they will multiply like rabbits.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, I'll have to check those out too. I'm kinda up in the air on the 8rounders for carry use, but it would be nice for range days.

Now to figure out how to tell the wife... Since she is a big coupon fan, I think I'll relate the hundreds I saved on the auction to a huge coupon, heh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts