Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give you my experience with PRP, thought it might be helpful for those who are on the fence on which company to do business with...I apologize in advance for the length.

The first week of July I called PRP to talk about having some work done on my XD 45 (trigger job and sites). I left a message and was promptly called back by Daniel that day. We played a bit of phone tag but I eventually was able to speak with him. Not only did he answer my questions about what their trigger consist of and also I had questions about changing out my sights. He answered all my questions to help me decide what would be the best route to take. I asked him to compare his trigger job to the other popular options on the market. Not only did he compare and contrast the trigger jobs, but also did it without bashing the competition. That won points in my book, shows he has great confidence in his product/work as well as a touch of class. I told Daniel I would need some time to call and research the other two options I had.

On July 13th, I contacted PRP and told them I was going to choose them to do the work. What was wrong with the other two companies? Nothing! Sometimes you just get a feeling which is the right company to deal with. I even decided that I wanted to send both my XD45 and XD9 because I was impressed thus far with PRP. I had some follow up questions that I emailed over. The same day Eris at PRP answered every one of them. Over the next 3 days I had more questions which Eris kindly answered. I filled out their work order form online on the night of July 26th and I received a quote and discounted prepaid Fedex label on July 27th @640am. Talk about quick!

I planned on shipping the two pistols out on 8/1 I called PRP to ask some last minute questions about shipping, again they were very pleasant to speak to and answered all my questions (at this point I was nervous about losing the pistols in the mail). I sent both pistols out the afternoon of 8/1. The stated the turn around time should be roughly a week or so. The morning of Aug 8th I called in to get a status (I was itching to get them back). Sure enough one of the guys working on my pistols had just dropped the last one off at Eris's desk, they were all ready to come back. They shipped out and arrived back on 8/9.

The work they preformed? Everything they promised. Trigger felt fantastic, almost all of the travel removed, trigger weight was spot on, and sights looked great. The both guns came back in the same cosmetic condition before they left my hands. Brought the guns to the range several times since their return and have had ZERO issues, they preformed beautifully.

Last week after a range visit I was thinking of changing the blacked out rear target sight on my XD9 to a fiber optic 2 dot sight (decided to make this my dedicated range gun). I emailed PRP and told them I was thinking about sending it in but wasn't so sure yet. They sent over a quote anyways so I could think about it. The next day Eris emailed me to check to see if I had made a decision. She was planning on putting in an order for the Dawson fiber optic sights if I had decided to have the work done. I told her I would go forward with the work. I appreciate the customer service here, she made sure that the sights were going to be here if I had made the decision to have the work done. That would save me the down time of not having my slide and the work could be completed faster. I shipped out the slide on 8/22 and they received it today 8/24.

Just before 10am on 8/24 I receive a call from Eris. I was thinking she was calling me to tell me the slide had arrived OK. To my surprise, she was calling me to tell me the slide arrived 30 minutes ago and the "guys" already completed the work. She was ready for payment so she could ship it out the same day!!!! Incredible!!!

I'll say this time and time again, perfect customer service will earn you customers for life. PRP has my business for life. In fact, perfect is not the right term, but ELITE service, fantastic product, and world class workmanship. If you read this, thank you Daniel. Please give my thanks and kudos to your staff for a perfect experience from start to finish. You got something special going on over there with such a great crew. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I haven't sent anything in to PRP but I have ordered a lot from them. They are an AWESOME company. If they can maintain their level of customer service, product quality and price competitiveness they will be in business for a LOOOOOOONG time. Good for us, good for them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I’m new to the Springfield XD/M line of Pistols. I’ve been looking at pistols for a LONG LONG time trying to make a decision on which one to purchase.

Once I saw the XD line of weapons, the decision was made.. Then I found the XDM! Doing more research, the XDM-45 COMPACT became available!! WOW!!! Im SO GLAD that I waited!!

I did a LOT of reading on XDM field tests, range reviews and up-grades. I found PRP thru reading NUMEROUS posts in this forum and I may have PRP build me a custom XDM-45C.

I have to see what the base price of the XDM45C is after they add the pistol to the build your own XDM site. I can NOT wait to see the XDM45C added to their website!!

From all of the POSITIVE FEED BACK that I have seen and heard about PRP’s Professionalism, and Quality of Work,, it’s a NO BRAINER for me to purchase their products and services.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts