Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the election didn't go the way I had hoped, but I did pick up this beautiful lady before going to the polls. :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Beautiful. Got one too. Nice and tight, runs any ammo and very accurate. Which hammer is on yours? I have the potential twig hammer but I'm waiting a bit before I have it changed out. It looks like yours may be the good one.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which hammer is on mine, it's all black. The test fire date was 8/28/08.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah, mine is all black too but it's very thin along the serated loop and this is where they break. I can't tell from your picture as it is the wrong angle but it looks different from mine as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Beautiful gun....

I went gun shopping on election day as well... put one on lay-a-way until next Friday.......... then I changed my mind becase I put a 38 super on lay-a-way and decided to get a .45 instead........ I love my .45's..

Congrats...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my first 1911 and I have very high expectations for it. I'm amazed at how it feels in my hands and on my waist (gonna give Mark from Crossbreed some more business soon :cool:). Haven't had time to hit the range yet, so all I've been able to do is drool and caress it.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Beautiful heater you've got there!

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you're not happy with that consolation prize, I would gladly take it from you.:cool: It would look good next to my Razorback. It looks great alone!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got out to the range yesterday and put about 150 rounds through. I had one malfunction (FTF) that I think was due to the magazine. Seems like the rim of the brass didn't get fed into the extractor well, so the slide didn't go fully into battery. This was with the factory magazine, so I'm not too upset about it.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed by the balance and feel of the gun. :cool:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also a huge +9000 to Mark from Crossbreed. My holster for the CBOB arrived today (only ordered it five days ago :shock:).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts