Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dearest Sirs/Madames/Others,

I recently bought my an XD-S 4.0 for the wife, and we love to shoot it. I then bought a Crossbreed Appendix Carry holster for her, after reading many reviews of different women-centric holsters. However, she will not carry it, and I'm really bummed about it. Has anyone else hit this wall?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Have her get more comfortable about it first... Keep shooting and that should help... Or get a little purse holster and that might help...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You could use the XDs for your own carry and find a gun that she likes. Not like us guys need another reason to purchase a gun... :) Your problem sounds similar to mine. My wife will not even shoot my guns due to bad experiences in the past. I am still gently working on getting her comfortable around guns and then getting her CCW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mainly because her work attire does not lend itself to wearing a belt, and without a belt the Crossbreed Appendix holster is likely to come out along with the gun if/when she draws it.

Alas, she is not a purse girl, and I love her more for it!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Can you be more specific? Does she not like that particular holster or does she just not want to carry? If she had no say in choosing the gun or the holster, I'm not surprised at her attitude. :(

·
Registered
331 Posts
Carrying a gun is a commitment, and often you need to make certain wardrobe and behavioral sacrifices in order to do it. Some people don't take their personal protection seriously enough to make those sacrifices.

There is a big difference between having fun shooting a gun at the range and keeping and carrying a gun for personal protection.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can you be more specific? Does she not like that particular holster or does she just not want to carry? If she had no say in choosing the gun or the holster, I'm not surprised at her attitude. :(
+1 A little more info is needed here. Not sure if she doesn't like the style/fit or the holster, or she doesn't want to carry for another reason? I would never take it upon myself to pick out anything my SO would wear, or put on her body. I would never get it right.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Holsters are personal things. We all have bought holsters we thought would be perfect. I know I have at least 4 stuffed in a drawer... I like my AVA because it doesn't require a belt. There are belly bands no belt and flash bangs. Just got to find the right fit and really she is the one who should be looking :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did indeed buy the items, but with her knowledge and approval. As far as the holster is concerned, we both thought that it is a great holster in theory. I think she will warm up to using it at some point, but the wardrobe will need to change.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Throw it in the closet with the other unwanted holsters you will soon acquire.

kypix

·
Registered
823 Posts
Throw it in the closet with the other unwanted holsters you will soon acquire.

kypix
:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah. If it's a fashion thing, which it is, she's going to have to go another route. Good suggestions for her, so far.

My wife used to shoot competitively (IPSC and USPSA). She has a ccw permit, in Illinois no less!! And does not carry. She rides her own motorcycle as well which tends to make her purse very small. She owns a couple 38 SPC S&W wheel guns.

I wish you luck in getting her to carry.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Get a smart carry or a belly band. My wife always gave a fit because of holster issues and she refused to wear a belt. Plus she wears skirts half the time anyway. I had her try a Shield in a smart carry and not only did it disappear in ANY outfit she tried, there was no need for a belt. A single stack gun in a smart carry or belly band is absolutely money.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ding! Yep, we often buy guns for her that WE have a liking to.
Hmmm....I fail to see a problem with that logic. Odds are, you will eventually find a gun that SHE really likes & you will have several that you like!:mrgreen:

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
It can take awhile to figure out what method & holster a person prefers. I have bought many holsters... And I discovered that I do not like inside the waist carry. That means there are several holster that never/rarely get used. Just consider it the price of education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
My wife has her CCW and won't carry either. You can't force her to do it if she doesn't want to. Looks like you have a new gun :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Remora seems to work for those who may not wear belts.

I like the Smartcarry style holsters that have a soft belt made into them so that you can wear a waistband holster in just about any clothing that would not be able to support the weapon, clothes such as gym shorts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts