Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
No PRP triggers on your Xdm ? I dig that! I like those triggers just the way they are. My thoughts are to go with the Glock. HK feel nice and are super quality but i prefer striker fired defensive handguns.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
IMO, Glock 26 hands down. With a +2 magazine, you can carry 13 rounds of ammo in an easy to conceal package.

I have a 19 (well, 2 ;)), and I find myself carrying the 26 more often. The reason? Concealable. I carry IWB in an N82 Pro, so I can tuck my shirt in around it if necessary. I carry a spare 10 round mag, and I keep a 15 round mag for my G19 in the car as well.

Here it is with the GAP extension on a 10 round mag:

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
OK Canton, I'll follow suit.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Glock 19 although if you're looking for something for CC that's gonna be smaller than your 3.8c I'd recommend the 26.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Here be a 19 to feast your eyes on. I love the 26/27 guns as well.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm the only MP fanboy who is going to say "MP9c" obviously.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Buy the Glock 26, it's a great carry gun. You can always use a full size magazine in it for a spare or extra carry mag. I own two older HK's (P9S and a P7). HK are great guns but I found their newer "plastic" guns are not worth the $$ . They are quality guns , but the value is not there vs SA and Glock.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Gen 2 G19

I just bought another one and might do a g26L chop on it.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
My vote would be the CZ75 compact

Or the Glock 26

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
For a Compact... either the G19, or the XDM9c (over the M&P9c).
For a Subcompact... either the G26, or Shield9 (if you want a slim *almost* single-stack :D)

·
Registered
804 Posts
You don't state if you will be using the new 9mm as a CC or not. Your current set includes a full-size 9 and 40 with mid-sized 45 capable of range duty or CC if you are able to where you live.

If CC is a possibility, then I vote for a Glock 26 as well. It would be a good bit smaller than the 3.8 and still comfortable as a range toy (and to get further CC trigger time). It looks like you live in NY so capacity may not be possible. More options for CC are the slim guns. Shield, XDS (9 or 45), or a Walther PPS. All are great choices depending on how it feels in your hands.

If CC is not on the table, then a G19 would be nice. A 19 will conceal quite well but isn't that much smaller than the 3.8. It would be a nice addition to your current set.

One last thought is something you didn't ask about. A 357/38 revolver. Perhaps an SP101 in 3". Really comfortable and super fun at the range. Also, if those crazy politicians in your state go further off the deep end and ban all semi-automatics; you'll have a viable CC option. The SP is a little chunky but still capable of CC where high cap mags are not allowed. That heft makes it really fun to put rounds downrange. A wide variety of options is a good thing in a crazy political environment.

Good luck in your hunt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts