Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get an opinion on what everyone thought of my AR. It is a Remington R-15, with a hogue grip, DPMS "SAW" style butt, Remington bipod, and a standard scope. I wanted to keep it more of a long range gun but I have considered buying some sort of 16" DPMS upper for shorter range. I just have a hard time spending $500+ on an upper when I could just buy a new pistol for that. Let me know what you guys think.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FEf3eazq3vX6kAnZCCIi4u-pzlLAsxVbnVdoTvTE6dA?feat=directlink

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's a nice rifle. If you have this rifle already, and you don't want to spend another $1,000 for a brand new short range AR, just a $500 upper sounds like a more cost effective way to go.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on a nice build...:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'm almost done paying off the XD I have on layaway. I think i'm going to pick up a short upper after that. Like Ericc40 said it makes a lot more sense then going out and spending another $1000+ on a shorter AR. I really like the Stag Arms uppers. Uppers can be shipped without an FFL, correct?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm almost done paying off the XD I have on layaway. I think i'm going to pick up a short upper after that. Like Ericc40 said it makes a lot more sense then going out and spending another $1000+ on a shorter AR. I really like the Stag Arms uppers. Uppers can be shipped without an FFL, correct?
Yup, you might want to make sure they are "signature required". The UPS guy just dropped mine on the front door and left. Glad I live close to work, and I was able to go home quickly and put it inside and go back to work.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'd spend the $500 on a Spikes 14.5 upper. I already have a 16" midlength.:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've compared the R-15 to other AR's and it is a true AR-15. So I don't see why the upper wouldn't fit. I know the other AR parts i've bought have fit with no issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jeep, the lower is compatable with any upper as long as the cartridge length remains the same. ie, 5.56 with 204 ruger etc but a .308 Win will not have enough room for the mags to load.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts