Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally sucked it up and went to ADCO here in Toledo and bought the final pieces to make her ready to fire... I know everyone post up picks on their AR builds but I'm such a proud papa that i just have to brag!!!
I do need some recommendations on some OPTICS and other parts PLEASE post up!!!!!
But here it is so far and yes I do plan replacing some more of the black with the OD finish....
The list so far:
Rock River Arms A4 forged Upper w/ standard Bolt
Rock River Arms Complete Lower Half /6-Position Tactical CAR Stock
Rock River Arms 16' Heavy Stainless 1.9 twist barrel
Geissele SSA stage 2 Combat Trigger
Daniel Defense M4 QuadRail rifle length
MagPul front and rear MBUS folding sights
MagPul B.A.D Lever
MagPul MOE winter guard
Magwell grip

Attachments

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Looks good! :cool:

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Gun looks good...how do you like the magwell grip?

The Lucid HD7 seems to becoming popular for Optics....I love mine

There is a thread of mine floating near the top on optics....check my threads

EDIT: Here is my thread

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174992

Good Choice For Optics on my Budget AR?

·
Registered
53 Posts
depends on what you wanna do but i'd say drop the pistol grip and the stock and go with something a little better. i like the miad magpul grip. has interchangeable backstraps and front straps. i also love the magpul acs stock. very nice stock.

looks good so far

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gun looks good...how do you like the magwell grip?

The Lucid HD7 seems to becoming popular for Optics....I love mine

There is a thread of mine floating near the top on optics....check my threads

EDIT: Here is my thread

Good Choice For Optics on my Budget AR? - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Good Choice For Optics on my Budget AR?
I like the MagWell grip to a very fine point, it doesnt let me balance the rifle very well but I think I need to get use to it.. That Lucid looks like a real nice setup

depends on what you wanna do but i'd say drop the pistol grip and the stock and go with something a little better. i like the miad magpul grip. has interchangeable backstraps and front straps. i also love the magpul acs stock. very nice stock.

looks good so far
I'm defiantly swapping the grip out, just doesn't feel right in my hand. Probably should look at that MagPul asap

·
Banned
82 Posts
Looks nice Mike!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm fairly certain your sights are on backwards.
See here: MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sights - MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sight – Rear GEN 2
And here: MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sights - MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sight – Front GEN 2
(rightmost pic in the bottom row on both)
You will also want to move your front sight to the last rail slot on the front of the rail and your rear sight to the last rail slot on the receiver (closest to the charging handle). This will allow you to maximize your sight radius.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on your new build...She looks good...:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm fairly certain your sights are on backwards.
See here: MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sights - MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sight – Rear GEN 2
And here: MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sights - MBUS® - Magpul® Back-Up Sight – Front GEN 2
(rightmost pic in the bottom row on both)
You will also want to move your front sight to the last rail slot on the front of the rail and your rear sight to the last rail slot on the receiver (closest to the charging handle). This will allow you to maximize your sight radius.
You are right on the sights (damn it!!) LOL I changed them good looking out!!
--------
The balance is actually nice it really took some getting use to but I can operate the rifle fully now with the magwell grip although I'm still getting the MagPul AFG or the RVG to help more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts