Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really enjoy my XDS 4.0 9mm, and it's a fantastic CC piece. Now I wish that Springfield Armory would produce a .22LR version for a cheap/fun training aid, and I also wish some random Japanese or South Korean or Taiwanese company would produce an Airsoft version. I love this gun!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Well they never produced a 22 version of the XD or XDM so why would they do a 22lr XDS?

Advantage Arms makes XD & XDS 22 conversion kits, why not hit them up and let them know you want an XDS version.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Yeah... .22 is cheaper, if you can find it!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Yeah... .22 is cheaper, if you can find it!
i haven't seen "cheap" 22LR for nearly 2 years...i can reload .40 cheaper than average 22 costs these days...maybe its a localized phenomenon? :???:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Even if Springfield did make a .22 loosely based on the XDS design it would probably be a potmetal Umarex manufactured POS anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Then you would probably would like the Ruger SR22. I bought one and fought with it for the first 6 mags then it suddenly straightened out and runs flawlessly. It's amazingly accurate, slide is made of aluminum, not zinc and has a steel insert where the only real point of wear is, on the slide stop notch. Seems like from the reviews most people are not having the problems I experienced from this one individual gun.
Yeah, not the same gun, but might be close as you'll get unless SA makes one.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Then you would probably would like the Ruger SR22. I bought one and fought with it for the first 6 mags then it suddenly straightened out and runs flawlessly. It's amazingly accurate, slide is made of aluminum, not zinc and has a steel insert where the only real point of wear is, on the slide stop notch. Seems like from the reviews most people are not having the problems I experienced from this one individual gun.
Yeah, not the same gun, but might be close as you'll get unless SA makes one.
+1 on this...we had zero problems with the one we 'fostered' for a buddy when he deployed to The 'Stan...shot the heck out of even the readily available 'cheapo' .22 at the time (2009...ah those were the days!)

ergos and handling should pe pretty close to an XDS too, if ya just ignore the hammer and safety...mags are cheaply procured too...

good call

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Well they never produced a 22 version of the XD or XDM so why would they do a 22lr XDS?

Advantage Arms makes XD & XDS 22 conversion kits, why not hit them up and let them know you want an XDS version.
An xds size slide will cycle much more reliably with lower velocity ammo than a full size kit.

Also better size frame for kids.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
106 Posts
+1 on this...we had zero problems with the one we 'fostered' for a buddy when he deployed to The 'Stan...shot the heck out of even the readily available 'cheapo' .22 at the time (2009...ah those were the days!)

ergos and handling should pe pretty close to an XDS too, if ya just ignore the hammer and safety...mags are cheaply procured too...

good call
+2 on the SR22. So reliable and easy to shoot, that one range in my area uses them in their "Gun Shooting Intro" classes. When I first got mine, accuracy wasn't very good. Thought it was the cheap ammo, but found out bout the loose barrel prob they had on some production batches. Loctited the barrel screw as instructed and gun became accurate and very reliable. Google for the loose barrel prob, for more info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts