Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given this single shot Remington 41 by my Grandfather. It was no where near this condition though. The gun had been sitting in the corner of a room when the house caught on fire. It burned the stock off, pitted the metal, and the bolt handle was broken off. I had an old Winchester stock on it for a while, and then decided I wanted to try re-blue it and make a stock.

I had a nice big piece of cherry wood I was wanting to use, but didn't have a saw big enough to cut it down. So I made it pseudo-laminate. I took 3 planks of red oak, cut the rough shape I wanted, and then epoxied them together. Then after a couple months of all nighters shaping and hours of sanding, I got the shape I wanted.

I made the trigger guard out of some 316 Stainless, and a guy polished it for me at work. I stole the butt pad design from a Blaser Shotgun, by taking some of the same wood and making it run perpendicular to the stock. And I spaced it with a plate of polished aluminum just for some detail.

And let me tell you, this gun shoots like a dream. No lie I shot a weed in half at around 70 yards in one shot with iron sights. It was some luck, but this gun has never let me down.

Hopefully I didn't embarrass myself for posting this on here. I'm sure there are some much more experienced stock makers on here, but I'm proud of it.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i love the wood grain and coloring of the stock. i dont know anything about making stocks but it looks awesome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts