Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIA Tactical $499 NIB

After 10 long days its finally here just in time for Xmas :-D Ordered an extra mag from Adavanced Tactical last week and picked up a 47d at the shop today as well. Oh and a box of WWB from Wallys. What HP rounds are yall using with this gun? I know I know every gun is different just wondering if theres certain rounds that function better than others. I'm leaning towards the HST's(cant beat the price!). Any recomendations?

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Nice toy! As far as your ammo goes, try it out and see... after a few rounds, you'll know what you'd want. :)

·
Registered
29,767 Posts
Nice new RIA.

As for hollow point ammo, I've found that 230 grain HydraShok, 230 grn Golden Saber, and 230 grn Gold Dots all feed reliably and show good accuracy out of my RIA Tac.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice buy. Clean it, lube it, and then let us know how it shoots.

I have used the Federal Hydra-Shok, Rem. Golden Saber, and Speer Gold Dot. Find what it likes, and you like, and keep that on hand.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Still waiting on my first SA 1911 Loaded to be sent from a private seller to my FFL.Looking forward to shooting the best (1911).Yours is looking good and we should be learning these guns together,looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Very nice! I haven't shot the Tactical, but every other RIA I have shot has been great.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Nice looking 1911, I hear they are reliable shooters. As far as fmj fir sd/hd, better than nothing, but any decent JHP that feeds wil be better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One of my buds shoots the RIA at IPSC and IDPA with us and it works like a champ, good choice, especially at the price. All my 1911's have worked well with Remington 230gr Golden Sabres and I've never had a problem with Speer Gold Dot hollow points in any gun, but in my Colt I carry Speer Lawman 230 gr. FMJ.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nice, congratulations on your first 1911:mrgreen:

Only gun I have that is not an XD are my 1911's:mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts