Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mvician, in your enviable toy box, do you have any ARs topped with the Millett DMS scope? (or anyone else here with experience with this scope?) I like the 1-4X, and the fact you can still get the dot-in-the-donut without illumination. Any comments on this scope? I have used Eotechs, and I am not all that fond of them. Sold the two I had. Not really sure I want to do the Aimpoint thing either. I really like the dual purpose design of the DMS, but want to get real world opinions before I drop coin on one.

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,667 Posts

I've had this scope for about a year now, it have been on a few different builds, but now is sitting on top of my OD Green DPMS M4.

It is BIG and HEAVY. It doesn't weigh a ton, but if you're after a 1-4x variable, illuminated scope this does the job.

There is a HUGE thread on them on ar15.com, with tons of pics and mounting options.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Millet DMS-1

At first I bought the cheap CAA mount for it, but really didn't like it after I thought about it.
So before it even came in the mail I ordered the LaRue SPR-E mount for it.

I feel it is a rugged well built scope and I liked it enough to buy another Millet scope for my SPR rifle.....the TRS-1

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Thanks a million! Thanks for the info on the mount as well...I was looking at the CAA, but couldn't bring myself to buy it after handling it...just something about it I didn't care for. The DMS definately just made my short list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts