Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added this to my AK, I have not shot it yet but if YOU have shot one how does it compare to the slant brake?

NOW

BEFORE

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Is it a real AK74 brake (or accurate clone) or one of those 14x1LH threaded "ak74 style" things that screw directly on?

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
I had to put a ak74 style brake on my G code. I shoot mostly lefty and found that the slant brake was causing the stock to drive into my cheek. After a few mags my jaw felt like I had been uppercutted.

It definitely changed that.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
well it was orignally designed for the 5,45x39 lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got a Bulgarian "AK-74" style brake on my 107FR. I tried shooting with and without it, and it did reduce recoil a little bit.

It's got the side cuts and the holes on top...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I've got a Bulgarian "AK-74" style brake on my 107FR. I tried shooting with and without it, and it did reduce recoil a little bit.

It's got the side cuts and the holes on top...
Nothing "style" about what you've got.

You've got the real deal.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I just put one on my Romanian G. Centerfire Systems has them for ten bucks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I liked that style ever since I saw the video demonstration of one, so in your opinion does it really make that big of a difference??
They say it only really works on a full auto. I noticed a slight reduction in muzzle climb but not much. It does look nice on the AK, much better looking then the slant break. Plus since it is a compensator and not a flash hider it is completely legal in NJ hahahaha, stupid commy state doesnt even like commy rifles!!! Unfortunatly I had to put a thumb hole stock on mine (which isnt bad, very nice stock, it is the Choate one.) Then I had to file off my Bayonet lug :( just so I could keep my threaded barrel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts