Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do I need one? i keep hearing people talk about them but i dont know what they do or if I can even put one on. I have a wasr 10 so im assuming i can. Which is the best for the best price?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I had one and it did help on muzzle rise, but that report was more than I wanted to deal with, so it's gone.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
my friends and I all have the same rifle (wasr10) and having used mine with the tapco slot brake and then using my friends with the slant brake I can definitely tell the difference.
Because its a compensator/blast defector, not a brake. AK74 brakes are the shyte...there is really nothing better for control.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My 47 has a compensator on it. For up-and-to-the-right. Dam right handed people. And I can't move it. Dam right handed people.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
My 47 has a compensator on it. For up-and-to-the-right. Dam right handed people. And I can't move it. Dam right handed people.
Hold it upside down....then its a left handed AK!! Push in the button and rotate anti-clockwise. yes, anti-clockwise because I haven't figured out how to counter a time....;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine's pinned to the barrel. I'd have to do some machining to put it on "wrong". Not a big deal anyway. Just ranting :p

·
Registered
725 Posts
I don't think so. Next time I'm downstairs at the safe I'll have a look, but I was pretty sure it was permanent.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Perhaps I should say "more trouble than it's worth to change it."

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oh man, I'm gonna have to go downstairs now. Give me a while.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was under the impression that the slant brake compensated for the fact that the rotation of the bolt and reciprocating mass of the charging handle cause the rear of the rifle to kick back and to the left, making the muzzle climb up and to the right, and doesn't have anything to do with handedness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts