Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it's at the post office. this is the official teaser, i'm going to pick it up in about an hour and will return here and edit this post with info and possibly pictarz. for now, anyone who have the MTAC care to comment on it's abilities? tips and tricks for ride hight and cant? techniques for eliminating printing? i know it's been discussed but hey, it's a forum :D

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
...it's abilities? tips and tricks for ride hight and cant? techniques for eliminating printing? i know it's been discussed but hey, it's a forum :D

Abilities? I own a C-TAC (same general design, minus some comfort). I'd say it is quite able. The best at concealing between it and the cross-breed super-tuck.

Height and cant? I use my front clip at the second to lowest hole, and the rear and the top hole. This yeilds a pretty steep "FBI cant". It takes a little bit to get used to but it conceals better for me.

Techniques for eliminating printing? Plan a new wardrobe. Shirts w/ some sort of pattern hide the best, and something looser than skin tight.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Techniques for eliminating printing? Plan a new wardrobe. Shirts w/ some sort of pattern hide the best, and something looser than skin tight.
haha yeah i have been buying slightly baggier shirts and jeans that are an inch or two on the big side to accomodate the houlster. i won't be wearing it out yet because i'm taking the concealed class this week, but i will definitely do some pictures and vids on how to conceal, especially because work requires me to wear a collared button down tucked in, i'm hoping the MTAC will tuck well. we shal see!

thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't have to buy larger jeans thankfully. I can't wear the MTAC as it came. I had to add more forward cant and move the clips up a couple of holes. I wear mine quite shallow. Only about 1 1/2" of the barrel is inside my pants. Much deeper and my jeans print noticeably, especially when tucking (because my jeans are more fitting The gun is still very secure. Just make sure to wear shirts with long enough tails to fluff over the belt line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts