Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that an XD with extended mag that Angelina Jolie is holding? Saw a photo of her holding this pistol and Brad Pitt is holding an MP5 in some magazine. Please verify.

Cole

·
Premium Member
21,735 Posts
i would imagine its a prop mag, they built it just for her ,, sure does look XD dont it

·
Registered
833 Posts
Promag makes the 31 rd mags for the xd's too. But its proabbly a Block, if they where to use a Xd they would do a Bi-tone just to make it look more eye catching I bet.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Looking closely to that image, it looks like there's part of the slide exposed on the end that isn't covered by the light rail.

Most (if not all) of the larger frame Glocks have their light rail go clear to the end of the slide (within reason) but the XD has a distinctive area where the frame ends and there's still slide there.

I believe that photo has the piece of slide showing.

Anyone credit the source of where that maybe was taken from, actually a scene in the movie?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Trigger guard = Glock
Thin Frame that is the same length as the slide = Glock
Take down? above trigger guard in frame = Glock

·
Registered
725 Posts
my .02

the length of the front site.. like from muzzle towards trigger is very short on most glocks ive seen where as the xd is longer towards the trigger..
if that makes sense..
its like glocks use a round post for a front site where as a xd uses a rectangle when looking at both guns from the side

its a glock in my opinion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's a glock, i guess supposed to be a Glock 18.

During that scene the guns were not cycling at times, they must have added the muzzle flash through special effects. Definitely not a "real" gun movie like Heat or anything.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
They are supposed to be Glock 18s, the fully automatic pistols. That's why they have the 33rd mags. It wouldn't be as impressive if they were just shooting regular semiauto pistols.

·
Registered
266 Posts
In the part where they go to their own little "arsenals" do they both grab HK P7s? It looked like Angelia grabbed a stainless one from the oven, and it also looked like Brad grabbed one from the basement. I couldn't tell, it was too quick. It seemed like there were a lot of HKs in the movie. MP5, UMP, and I believe the shotgun was a HK. I could be wrong though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts