1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well I have had a Winchester model 70 300 mag for a long time. I decided to get a better scope for it. Then came across a deal on a Remington 700 Police in .308 and figured since I had a few other guns in 308 it would be cheaper and easier on the shoulder to shoot. I think I paid $800.00 and something for it. You can look up a lot about the gun online and I think it makes a good starter gun with out spending 3K or more on a gun that might not even have a scope on it. I got a Vortex Viper PST 12x24x50 for it and a 20 moa one piece base or mount for the scope and a weaver bipod.
Remington Law Enforcement - Rifles - Model 700P Standard

This is mine as it sits now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have had a Winchester model 70 300 mag for a long time. I decided to get a better scope for it. Then came across a deal on a Remington 700 Police in .308 and figured since I had a few other guns in 308 it would be cheaper and easier on the shoulder to shoot. I think I paid $800.00 and something for it. You can look up a lot about the gun online and I think it makes a good starter gun with out spending 3K or more on a gun that might not even have a scope on it. I got a Vortex Viper PST 12x24x50 for it and a 20 moa one piece base or mount for the scope and a weaver bipod.
Remington Law Enforcement - Rifles - Model 700P Standard

This is mine as it sits now.
Navy thanks man , I really never looked into boltactions but saw the MPA and figured it was something revoluatinory , the 700 Police model looks like it would be a much better buy im def. considering picking one up im going to keep reading thanks navy

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
I have a total of $1.5 in my Remington SPS including scope, mounts, and bipod. If I had $3k I would buy two Remingtons. ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Guys I was reading about this guy for a few hours assuming the price tag was very low , and then I realized it's a 3k rifle ...

However I still want one , as I've never been interested in a bolt gun until now ... the comments are not positive but i'm curious on everyone's take , as I've never owned a bolt action rifle.

Gun Review: MasterPiece Arms Bolt Action MPA-308 BA Rifle - The Truth About Guns

I put this one together for cheap and it shoots really good. When I was on SWAT Team 2 we got rid of Styer's and got Rem. 700 SPS's and they all shot under 1 moa. Buy a SPS and spend money on the Optic!!

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/bolt-guns-precision-rifles/259335-1000-00-308-tac-driver.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts