Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb questions
i'm a former Marine Corp Grunt and was wondering if doing Mozambique Drillbad is bad for my gun my current setup i have the xd 45 service with trigcon night sights and surefire x400. I'm currenlty going to a range that allows me to make movement and to draw from my bds holster. thanks for any input

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
dumb questions
i'm a former Marine Corp Grunt and was wondering if doing Mozambique Drillbad is bad for my gun my current setup i have the xd 45 service with trigcon night sights and surefire x400. I'm currenlty going to a range that allows me to make movement and to draw from my bds holster. thanks for any input

When I go to the range I normally do the same drill, using the same gun, just no night sights/surefire. I do wish my range allowed movement and shooting from draw, but I'll take what I can get.

Welcome to the forum, by the way, from CLNC!

·
Registered
29,674 Posts
Why in the world would practicing two to the chest, one to the head be bad for your gun?

·
Premium Member
127,420 Posts
Do it all the time myself.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ah, yes, the "Yo, homie" scene. Yet another argument for concealed carry over open carry. And for training like crazy to become a ******.

ETA: Also a reminder that guns are ranged weapons, so keep your distance.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
Um....you shoot hogillions of rounds thru your service rifle..and you are worried about triple tapping a scumbag that is trying to kill you, or even "practicing" triple tapping him?

Even if you managed to put enough rounds thru your pistol to need a new barrel they are much cheaper than your life right?

Plus you have to realize...you are not sustain firing your pistol...its blam, blam, blam...done...not running thru belt after belt after belt thru a 240G making the barrel glow red

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Um....you shoot hogillions of rounds thru your service rifle..and you are worried about triple tapping a scumbag that is trying to kill you, or even "practicing" triple tapping him?

Even if you managed to put enough rounds thru your pistol to need a new barrel they are much cheaper than your life right?

Plus you have to realize...you are not sustain firing your pistol...its blam, blam, blam...done...not running thru belt after belt after belt thru a 240G making the barrel glow red
What's wrong with that? :twisted: :D :cool:
Thats what spare barrels are for :D

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
What's wrong with that? :twisted: :D :cool:
Thats what spare barrels are for :D
When the "huns" are pouring thru the gate...you ain't got time to switch barrels ;)

P.S. Even though the quick change barrel does make changing it about as long as it takes to slap in a new belt!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What movie is that?

And nothing wrong with the drill. Only thing I'd add is to NOT make the one to the head a reflex, but a "planned" shot. Meaning, the head shot may be deemed excessive if you were to go to court.

So, two to the chest. Pause. Evaluate. Head shot if necessary.

Examples:
A) Two to the chest. He staggered, but was too hopped up on PcP and he kept coming, then you did the head shot.
Versus
B) Two to the chest, and he staggered back and stopped the attack but reflexive training took over. Witnesses later said you capped him in the head even though the attack had stopped.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Collateral

·
Registered
142 Posts
even if they don't allow movement you could do what i call cards with the same target.

get 9 index cards and number them from 1-9
turn them over and shuffle
draw 3 cards and keep them face down
flip them all at once and place to rounds in each number on the target
repeat as many time as you like

We load each others mag's and add snapcaps to keep it interesting.

·
Registered
434 Posts
+1 on what GhostTX said.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts