Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving the amazing freedom loving commonwealth of VA and moving to KY which appears to be almost as gun friendly. I am disappointed to see I can't carry in an establishment serving alcohol even if not consuming which was just restored in VA.

Looks like my VA permit is good there even if I get a new KY driver's license. I might apply for KY one after I am there for 6 months. The way I read it is they won’t accept a DD214 like VA to show firearms competence, oh well an 8 hour safety course can’t do anything but serve as a good reminder.

Anything else I should look out for?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I would advise anyone to do it, but if your ccw properly, whom would even know? Just saying.
I think I'll wait until the PAW for that. I'm a by the book kind of guy. Hence why I am so active in my state's politics where ever I live. I write my state reps about once a month and go see them at least once a year to try to get the laws I don't like changed rather than break them and have my other remaining freedoms taken away.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Good point. Looks like I'll be conceal carry-less for at least 6+ months then depending on new application processing time. Oh well.

You need that permit to open carry don't you? In VA any one can without any special permission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts