Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
moving back home to the NW after many years (army) and i want info from washington CCW holders. i am currently a resident of kansas, and have a kansas ccw and looking into how difficult a process it is to get a wa ccw. im moving to the lacey area and need some help getting into a class. anywhere you guys recommend? thanks

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Super easy here. BTW welcome back. Go to your local Police station/ Sheriff's office. Fill out a piece of paper, get fingerprinted, Pay $55, wait a couple weeks and it shows up in the mail. No class needed. I have my NC permit also, they required a class and almost 90 day wait. AS long as you have no criminal history you are good to go.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome back to Washington. The nonresident Oregon permit is kind of a pain to get from what I have been told. The problem is, you cannot get it through the mail, so you will be making a trip to Oregon to get it. I also hear that their hours for issuing the permits are limited, so call ahead of time before driving down there. Hopefully someone who has the permit will chime in. The good news is that many of the classes to get the Utah permit are also good for Oregon.

I plan on getting my Utah permit this summer and would like the Oregon permit as well. My inlaws live in Vancouver and on my way there from Pullman I drive down the gorge and have to unload when I hit the border because my Washington permit is no good there.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Welcome back
Cabelas in lacey occasionally holds classes for the Utah permit, for a small extra fee they will also help you get your oregon permit. they don't do the oregon deal every time though. that is probably your best bet to get oregon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
awesome, thanks for the info. you wouldnt also happen to have an oregon ccw too would you?
I have Oregon resident and Washington non-resident licenses. Did you have any specific questions about the Oregon license? Some Oregon counties are now accepting a certificate from the free online class at mdgunsafety.com. Of course you don't need a class for Washington. I paid for my WA license on a Tuesday and received it in the mail four days later.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Note that it depends on the agency how quickly you get your CPL. By law, they have up to 30 days to issue it and some agencies will take all of that time, while others will turn it around in as little as a few days. I got mine from King County, which took the full 30. I have no idea what the turn around would be for Lacey PD or Thurston County Sheriff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts