Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im currently living in TX and hold a tx chl. im in the military and got order to alaska. Does anyone know the laws in alaska concerning ccw or have any experience up there? Any links would be great,

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
19,741 Posts
its easy enough to look up; but I think Alaska is a Constitutional Carry State that offers licenses for those travelling to other States for reciprocity purposes.

one problem with Alaska is to drive from the pan handle to the rest of the state, you must drive through Canada. The checkpoints aren't even close to the actual boarders in some cases IIRC.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
If your're going to Fort Wainwright, you'll probably need to figure out how to keep your guns warm in the winter, and how to keep the mosquitoes from stealing them in the summer... :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
I believe Ak allows you to carry with or without a permit. Since you already have a Tx permit, it should be easy enough to get Alaska's permit too. If you like to fish, you should love Alaska, I know I did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i grew up hunting and fishing so im pretty sure im not gunna wanna leave when my three years there is up. The only thing ive heard that is a pain is going thru canada with guns

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Had a cople of buddies that served in Alaska...they loved. Never been there, but it sounds awsome. Would love to live there for awhile. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have a grandson in the USAF in Alaska, he loves it there. Can't really help you with the guns through Canada, sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts