Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have been a lurker for awhile and yesterday to my 16 year old daughter to the range for her first experience at shooting. We had a blast and she did real well with my Mark11 22/45. I also got a chance to test out for the first time my new XD-9SC and I am very pleased. I carry a P226 as a duty weapon and I think my XD might be able to out perform it. I am in love....and so is my girl I think sh wants one now. I have to find a good holster any ideas..

Mike
Retired Seabee

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
She has good taste in firearms, I am glad to see another Alabamin here. Eventually we will outnumber the Texans.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome Seabee. Great to have another Alabamian. Where are you located in North Alabama? I'm in Madison and we've got a few more on here. But you have to watch out for Ranger. Even though he's an Auburn fan, we let him post from time to time. :p

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gadget said:
Welcome Seabee. Great to have another Alabamian. Where are you located in North Alabama? I'm in Madison and we've got a few more on here. But you have to watch out for Ranger. Even though he's an Auburn fan, we let him post from time to time. :p

Welcome to the board!
I live in Hartselle, work at Browns Ferry and shoot at Larry's. We need to get a XD shoot together..... :D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Eventually we will outnumber the Texans.
That's a bold statement. :D

Welcome to the board Retired.

·
Registered
242 Posts
SeaBee, congrats on getting your 16 yr old daughter out! My 16 yr old daughter loves shooting, and has a Sig P239. I haven't let her shoot my XD40 yet, because she'll probably want it, too!

For an IWB holster I highly recommend the Comp-Tac CTAC. It is very comfortable and very adjustable to get exactly what you want. I carry my Sig P229 in it regularly. I like the standard clips for everyday use. It is very quick to put on or take off, and it is moderately stealthy. For deep concealment go with the V-clips. The c-clips aren't too good IMO. They don't grip the belt very tightly, although they are pretty hard to see. The C-clips can be heated and reshaped to grip better on the top edge of the belt. If you reshape them they work a lot better.

For OWB carry, I use a cheapo Fobus paddle. It's not the best or most rugged thing, but for general use it can't be beat. I would not use it where retention is an issue, or where deep concealment is necessary. But for the range or for hiking in the woods the Fobus is an excellent choice. In fact, I'm wearing my Sig in a Fobus right now after having taken the dogs up the mountain this morning.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Welcome and WAR DAMN EAGLE! Seebee! : )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts