Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search gave me everything but, so here I am, lol...;;I

really don't like the IWB holsters, but seeing how Florida lost out on the open carry, I'm some what stuck; however, from my understand on how SB-234 was amended, flagging, mapping, or printing is really no longer a big issues. So... even with that said, I still want to waver on the safe side and get the most concealable OWB holster and if at all possible, a level 2. I really think I would like the ALS Safariland 3678, but sadly they don't make one for the XD45c.

Does anyone make something of a "high rise" type OWB holster? Meaning that a good portion of the body of the gun, say from the trigger to back, is above the belt line, putting more of the gun under concealment of your shirt, and in turn, limiting what could be flagged (lower part of barrel).

Does any of that make sense lol...!?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you try blackhawk.com they have some great holsters

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you try blackhawk.com they have some great holsters
+1 on the blackhawk.
I got the cqc serpa level 2 for my XD45c and I love it.
I honestly don't know how I would conceal the thing though. I guess it's good that I don't have to haha:)

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys, however, I know there are many great holsters on the market, but please lets limit those OWB that would be the easiest to conceal. ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Serpa every day for concealed carry. Love it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Atomic dog or something like that makes some nice OWB holsters

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Bianchi Carrylock. Holds very tight to your body, and is a fairly high rise design.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checkout Dmbullard.com. He does great work and the cant makes them very concealable.
Good looking stuff, I am going to give them a call, Thanks!

I use a Blackhawk Serpa every day for concealed carry. Love it.

Any pics with a tee shirt (dark coloured)?

Atomic dog or something like that makes some nice OWB holsters

Not really digging the design, but thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I only carry OWB concealed carry..
Just do it with an untucked shirt.
T-shirt or button up, it doesn't matter....;)

Any good leather holster and a GOOD GUN belt will work for you...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I dont know if any of these IWB holsters would work for me unless I buy new pants and shorts. So I was looking at doing what your doing. That dmbullard one looks as if it would work. As the gun is covered by leather if your shirt happens to come up a little. So I think that would suffice. Im just not digging the lead time.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know if any of these IWB holsters would work for me unless I buy new pants and shorts. So I was looking at doing what your doing. That dmbullard one looks as if it would work. As the gun is covered by leather if your shirt happens to come up a little. So I think that would suffice. Im just not digging the lead time.

The Bullard holsters are comparably priced as long as you're getting the basic leather, but if you go that route, who could resist the exotics

I think I will be going with a Bianchi... They are designed to ride high and hug in close, plus they are now owned by Safariland, or so I read, so the quality is there.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I will look into the bianchi then. thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just ended up buying a IWB holster to try it out! I got a Theis one. Gonna pick it up Monday since IO am out of town. My buddy has it for me right now. I figured I would give it a shot as they get good reviews no matter what brand be it Kholster, CGST, or the Comp-tac ones. The Theis is very similar to all those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts