Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im picking one up this month. Looks like a perfect HD shottie. Anyone have one? Where is a good place to buy? Seems alot of places are sold out. I have read several sites and reviews, just curious of my XD talk brethren experiences.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
WOW man...I was JUST getting ready to start this thread...

Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you, but I am trying to decide between these three:

-Mossberg 930SX
-Saiga 12
-Converted Saiga in 7.62

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah agree with the Saiga 12. That is a bad ass shottie. Still building my AR so in regards to the AK, not considering additional EBR this time around. I had a hard time later when I sold my Remmy 870, there was a void that I know the 930 can fill.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Yeah agree with the Saiga 12. That is a bad ass shottie. Still building my AR so in regards to the AK, not considering additional EBR this time around. I had a hard time later when I sold my Remmy 870, there was a void that I know the 930 can fill.
I understand...I sold my Mossberg 590A1 (friend made an offer I couldn't refuse) over the weekend and I need to fill it's spot in a hurry!

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 590A1 was also severely considered. I love the pump action sound. Nothing like it but racking the Semi would make the same point I think. How much are Saiga 12's going for now?

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
The 590A1 was also severely considered. I love the pump action sound. Nothing like it but racking the Semi would make the same point I think. How much are Saiga 12's going for now?
The 590A1 is a fine shotgun...I loved mine, had ZERO issues...I just HAD to take the deal he offered...

Give me a minute on the Saiga 12...

·
Registered
8,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That's one of the cheaper saiga 12s I've seen... you'll geneally be finding them between 520 and 550. If that's something that you have consideration toward, I'd recommend it (I don't have one, but I'd LOVE to).

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats about the range I am in. Dicks has the 930 for 569 and have heard of them lower but everyone is sold out. Im surprised nobody has a 930 spx. But it is early still. Id like to hear from someone who has experienced both.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Saiga's are ugly and dumb. Go with the 930X I want that and then a Benelli M4 as well.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
i sold my M590A1 over the summer, been looking for 930SPX's locally ever since.

between 5 local gun shops, i have missed out on 2 930's....

the first one was sold and picked up before i stopped in to check if they had one. :mad:

the 2nd had a deposit on it allready...so i did get to look at it, but no touching because it wasn't for sale anymore. :evil:

bass pro shop, cabela's, and gander mountain can order them, but they all want $650-$700 +tax and other fee's.

im hoping to have one before 2009....then i will only be a .45 away from a complete collection.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Budsgunshop had em a few weeks ago. Probably not anymore... I'd check.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have one and have really liked it

I bought mine about 4-5 months ago

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Saiga's are ugly and dumb. Go with the 930X I want that and then a Benelli M4 as well.

Out of the box saigas are ugly, converted saigas look like any other AK.. if you think those are ugly, that's fine, but it is what it is. Don't know what's dumb about having semi-auto 12 gauge with high cap. removable magazines on a proven platform.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the pics. My only challenge is picking it up while sustaining the AR build!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Out of the box saigas are ugly, converted saigas look like any other AK.. if you think those are ugly, that's fine, but it is what it is. Don't know what's dumb about having semi-auto 12 gauge with high cap. removable magazines on a proven platform.
Nothing wrong just not my gun. Listening to all you guys talk about AK's almost made me change my mind on them too, until I held one, couldn't get rid of it soon enough. Enjoy, here is one guy that won't be buying them up.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright guys, got my new shottie on hold at Dicks. Picking it up in the afternoon. Pics to follow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts