Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey. I have a 590 and the stock is insanely long. It is not going to be worth a crap in the indoor environment where you need a close fitting shotgun.

What can I do to get a reduced length of pull stock?

I don't like the Knoxx stocks and I don't want one of those adjustable AR-like ones.

Can a gunsmith cut down my current stock or is there an aftermarket fix?

I just measured and the stock pull is 14 5/8" from the middle of the pad to the trigger.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Speedfeed makes a shorter stock - the series IV. It is designed for use with body armor. It is worth looking at and thinking about.

Chapie+

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I had to sell mine unfortunately. Too bad. That was a great weapon.

I'm sure there's something out there. I'd like to know what you find.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I run a cheap-o ATI pistol grip stock on my 500 and simply removed the rubber butt pad. It is a little over an inch shorter and has a much better feel to it now.

-Derek

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Just pic up a youth stock and you should be good to go. On my HD remmy, I kept it wood and cut the stock down 3/8 of an inch and then recontoured the butt pad, works perfect.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone tried chopping the Mossberg stock with a miter box and saw? Would it work?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Has anyone tried chopping the Mossberg stock with a miter box and saw? Would it work?
I Have a 500 with a synthetic stock that seemed way to long so I took it off and cut 1.25 inches of in my slide miter saw. If you cut slow it makes a very smooth cut, I reatached the but pad and traced it in pen, I took it back off and put it on the belt sander and it came out perfect. The moral to the story is a little is alot so cut in small increments and try it out till you are comfortable and you can save a bunch of money in about 20 min.
Have fun and don't worry about ruining it you can replace it very cheaply and you will have the pride in knowing the gun is custom fit to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts