Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good deal on a Mossberg 500. Looks like the basic walmart configuration, but it has a gold trigger and no sling swivel. It also has the 28" ported vent rib barrel and the standard wood furniture.

I'm going to "do something" to it. I think I'm going to switch out the wood for magpul or hogue black furniture. I also am going to switch to a 18.5" security barrel. I think I want to put on the Marinecote barrel, but can't find any pictures. Has nobody done this because it's ugly? I can't believe I'm the only one who has thought of this.

Any thoughts? and do you think I should do the mag tube in marinecote as well?

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
Your shotgun, do what you like, but...

Ugh. No way I would go two tone.

I'd keep the wood furniture, too.

But I'm funny that way.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
You're not alone Cuda.

I threw an 18.5 barrel and meprolight front bead on mine wearing the walnut and that's all it'll ever see in mods save for a few little subtle things no one notices unless they know what they're looking at.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your shotgun, do what you like, but...

Ugh. No way I would go two tone.

I'd keep the wood furniture, too.

But I'm funny that way.
I've already got a couple with wood furniture. I got this one to maybe do something different with. Some of the Benelli's do it opposite what I'm thinking. They have the silver receiver with the black barrel. Not that I think a 500 can ever be as sexy as a SuperSport.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Google "Mossberg shotgun with marine coat barrel" and click "Images" for a few examples.
I tried that but didn't see any with the blue receiver and mag tube, which is the look I'm thinking about.

It's not a Mossy, but this is the closest picture I've found. Except I think I want to keep the mag tube blue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts