Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Mosin Nagant 91/30 out on Saturday. This was my first time shooting my Mosin or any Mosin. I was warned of it's "massive recoil"...well...I've had worse.

I was able to put all my rounds on a pice of printer paper (8.5x11) at 100 yards. My bolt got stuck once or twice after 20 or 30 rounds. Overall, it shot well.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I think most of the talk about massive recoil comes from carbine shooters. I've only shot my M38 so I don't have a basis for comparison with the M91/30. I think it depends a lot on the ammunition used too. I use a PAST recoil pad and I feel no effect at all. I once shot 5 rounds with nothing but a Tshirt just to see. That was enough for me.

I got out Saturday with mine also to sight in with S&B 180g soft point that I bought for deer season. I find it difficult to do better than a 4" group at 100 yds. My range doubles as a trap range. When I was able to break two consecutive clay pigeons that were left laying around, I quit using up the good stuff and moved on to my XD.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shot both Prvi ammo and Polish surplus ammo. I will put a limbsaver recoil pad on it (just because that metal one that comes on it isn't the most comfortable).

All in all i am pleased with it...for what I paid I can't complain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts