Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have a picture with a scope on it, and a modern scope not the one they used in WW2. It would be awesome if someone had the picture with the monte carlo stock, Im thinking about picking one up for 99 dollars i know most of you are going to say that expensive, but her in California its about the cheapest you can find. Also for those of you that have one how do you like it.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I don't have a picture with it on, but I have a Simmons 4x pistol scope mounted with an S&K scout mount on my refurbished 1943 M38. I like the scout mount arrangement. At my age the iron sights were only good out to about 50 yards although it shot very well at point of aim at that distance. So far this set up has done well for me out to 100 yards, which is as far as I expect to need for deer hunting in my area. As far as the synthethic stocks go, the ATI stocks are not really that expensive but I like the M44 laminated stock that came with the rifle and plan to use it for the time being.

Actually. $99 is about the going rate, I actually paid $120 for mine in August.

·
Registered
423 Posts

It's not by itself but it's the fourth one down. To be honest I haven't used it yet. The ATI mount that I used is crap. I tapped and drilled the reciever so that the mount lines up straight but the rail points right beyond what the scope can compensate for.

Look into the scope mount that replaces the rear sight if you don't want to do any drilling.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Dang you guys ;)
I've been avoiding looking at these on purpose ... Now I'm thinking of driving up to J&G Sales and snagging a 91/30 and/or a M-44 :D

Plus Ammo

·
Registered
358 Posts
Someone on WarriorTalk has a scope on this and a nice synthetic stock. It looks like a new gun and he says it shoots to 400 yards with the scope.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikey that what i want mine too look like, good thing you told me about ATI i was going to go through them, yea Big 5 sporting good's, has them on sale of 89$ here out in california I just might have to pick one up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts