Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rapid fire (75feet) (acquire target, select to fire, shoot, put on safe, and repeat)

Rapid Fire again (75 feet), after adjusting the EoTech a little..

Really interesting, turned the EOtech off, sighted the irons in, and the group in the top right hand of the circle was with irons (75 feet rapid)

Entire Rifle Target

Combination of XD40 (50rnds) and Sig p226 (100rounds) at 45 feet, circled hits were double taps..

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I can't see them. . . :cry:

Krackels

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I see it now. The head shots are nice. . . .

Krackels

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
BTW, can anyone here define "Rapid Fire" please? I just want to make sure we are all using the same definition.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I find using more than one target is helpful when shooting

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
manygunner said:
BTW, can anyone here define "Rapid Fire" please? I just want to make sure we are all using the same definition.
(acquire target, select to fire, shoot, put on safe, and repeat) from my original post..

Nexd said:
I find using more than one target is helpful when shooting
I usually bring 10-12 targets with me to the range, our battalion gave had literally a couple hundred human size Silhouettes that they let me have, but I forgot them. And the typical $1 dollar for these at this expensive range was annoying but required...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
chrome said:
manygunner said:
(acquire target, select to fire, shoot, put on safe, and repeat) from my original post..
I've never heard rapid fire defined as such.

Most shooters I know mean pulling the trigger and then pulling it again as fast as you can reacquire the target. To me nothing seems very rapid about engaging the safety after each shot.

brad cook

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DigMe said:
chrome said:
manygunner said:
I've never heard rapid fire defined as such.

Most shooters I know mean pulling the trigger and then pulling it again as fast as you can reacquire the target. To me nothing seems very rapid about engaging the safety after each shot.

brad cook
Brad,

This is MY definition of rapid fire while shooting MY rifle. Its the way I have been taught in the military, to simulate running and engaging multiple targets. Train the way you would fight, and I was training on engaging a target with the first shot as if it had just been acquired, and I dont know about others, but my rifle will be on safe. So, hence, engaging multiple targets with single shots from the safe position was my definition of rapid fire on that particular drill. Thanks for the inquiries though.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bonzer is goin to be shooting REAL guns!
I'll be prayin for yall bro.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts