Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a place w/i the vicinity of Atlanta where you can do more than punch paper (without buying a membership)? I'd love to try some cover and concealment drills, multiple targets, etc. but I've only found the generic indoor ranges.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I did a search by zip code (30303 and 30310) and "smallbore competition" for Atlanta, GA at www.wheretoshoot.org, and they came up w/ only 2 options, and they were in the "30 miles from zip code" category; there weren't any closer. :( I hope they truly are closer than that for you. Here's their info:

Autreys Armory
NSSF MEMBER
116 Bethea Road Suite 118
Fayetteville, GA 30214
[email protected]
www.autreysarmory.com
Last Modified: 2/23/2005 8:01:00 PM

Phone Info
770-719-2454 Main

Range Offers
• Center-Fire Rifle-Indoor 75ft max
• Handgun/Smallbore Rifle-Indoor 75ft max
• Handicap Access
• Instruction Available
• Practical/Action Pistol Competition
• Precision Pistol Competition
• Public
• Rentals
• Retail
• Smallbore Competition
• Women's Programs

--------------------------------------------------------

Also:

American Classic Marksman
5305 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Norcross, GA 30092
[email protected]
www.americanclassicmarksman.com
Last Modified: 2/23/2005 8:01:00 PM

Phone Info
770-449-6200 Main
770-242-7991 Fax

Range Offers
• Center-Fire Rifle-Indoor 50ft max
• Center-Fire Rifle-Indoor 75ft max
• Handgun/Smallbore Rifle-Indoor 50ft max
• Handgun/Smallbore Rifle-Indoor 75ft max
• Handicap Access
• Hunting (other)
• Informal Practice Area
• Instruction Available
• Law Enforcement Facility
• Precision Pistol Competition
• Public
• Rentals
• Retail
• Smallbore Competition
• Women's Programs

good luck! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it Dave - I wasn't aware of that site - thanks! However - ACM is actually where I shoot - and unless they've got a hidden area I don't know about, it's your standard indoor range. (A nice one, but all they have are straight lanes.)

It is looking like my only option is to pay a hefty yearly membership fee somewhere.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Old School. I had taken a look here to try to find one. There is one range that has what I'm looking for - but it's over an hour away - and you have to pay a yearly membership rate. I just know that I won't get enough use out of it if I have to spend two hours on the road every time I want to shoot.

I guess I'm out of luck. :idea: Time to move!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
flipya said:
Anybody know a place w/i the vicinity of Atlanta where you can do more than punch paper (without buying a membership)? I'd love to try some cover and concealment drills, multiple targets, etc. but I've only found the generic indoor ranges.

Thanks!
I'm near atl. The closest open range I know of is at Johns Mt. +/- 1 hr N. on 75

Plastic bottles, spinners, pretty much any non glass target seems to be allowed. No range master, 5 bucks parking (or 25 dollar "year pass"). Covered benches for both pistol and rifle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts