Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 17L this past Thursday. Ordered it on 7/24/14 and have been impatiently waiting ever since. Got the call and swung by the shop on my way home from work. Checked everything out and all was in order. After using my GSSF coupon, adding in tax, and background check I walked out the door with one of my dream guns for $583.

Didn't get a chance to shoot it until Saturday morning, and I wasn't disappointed.

I went indoor, since it has the adjustable sights and wanted to make sure it's dialed in.

Here's the first target at 15 yards. I couldn't believe it, I'm not a terrible shot, but this thing made me look like a champ. I have 2 excuses too for some of the wingers. There was no AC and the range had to be over 100℉, my glasses kept fogging up and my hands were sweating something terrible.

I think I'm going to put some Talon sandpaper grips on it.

The sights seem to be pretty well on without adjustment. It was more on my part. Wasn't trying to really take my time either.

Here's the second target. This one I set at 20yrds and shot fairly quickly. Kept a steady pace and couldn't believe I was getting the group's that I did for that speed. Shooting quickly has been something I've been working on.

Overall the 17L really is everything I've ever read about them. It's super accurate, that sight radius is great. The recoil is almost comparable to a .22 allowing super fast accurate follow up shots. I wish they made them in Gen 4, that's my only slight complaint.

I've never been a huge fan of the stock Glock sights, so I'm debating on if I should change them. Maybe a FO front...

Other than grips and possibly sights the gun will stay all original. I will give it the Flitz treatment once I get some more rounds through it to really smooth everything out. I need to try and find a OWB holster for it as well.

I know the gun isn't very practical for anything other than the range...but it's one I've always wanted. Ugly, huge, but it is one hell of a shooter.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. I'ld like to see a 17L up close someday. I actually like the stock sights but I'm toying with the idea of replacing them right now. I have considered just changing the fronts out with a FO also. Decisions decisions....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on the new gun!

Anybody know the difference between the 17L and the 34? I have a gen 3 34 and really like it, so I was thinking about getting a 17L, but I wasn't sure if there was much of a difference.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Enjoy

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Congrats! I thought about getting a 17L, but I'm hoping that this new run means that they will have a run of G24s in the nearish future.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Congrats on the new gun!

Anybody know the difference between the 17L and the 34? I have a gen 3 34 and really like it, so I was thinking about getting a 17L, but I wasn't sure if there was much of a difference.
The 17L is .7 inches longer and only available in Gen 3.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! I thought about getting a 17L, but I'm hoping that this new run means that they will have a run of G24s in the nearish future.
I'm also keeping an eye open for them. Haven't heard anything yet though. If they do a run I'll buy one.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, getting the gun of your dreams and shooting it like a pro. There's nothing wrong with getting a gun just for the range and enjoyment of the sport.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Great shooting!

Our LGS/Range had a competition for a sick 8 year old girl a few months ago, and I was going to shoot it with my 19. They had just received a Glock 34 tricked out by Zev (for a demo/rental), and the owner let me shoot it. He REALLY knew what he was doing :lol: That thing was sweet. Like you, I'm not a bad shot, but that thing made me look like a pro lol.

Congrats again ;)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Congrats on that nice pistol and great shooting!

I really want a G34 but now I'm gonna do some research on the 17L

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Congrats on that nice pistol and great shooting!

I really want a G34 but now I'm gonna do some research on the 17L

Thanks for sharing.
If you are into action shooting or think you might be, get the G34. The 34 can be shot in a lot more divisions.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Congratulations on your new Glock. I'm drooling all over my iPad.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great shooting!

Our LGS/Range had a competition for a sick 8 year old girl a few months ago, and I was going to shoot it with my 19. They had just received a Glock 34 tricked out by Zev (for a demo/rental), and the owner let me shoot it. He REALLY knew what he was doing :lol: That thing was sweet. Like you, I'm not a bad shot, but that thing made me look like a pro lol.

Congrats again ;)
I bet it shot great. Zev does some nice work. I'd love to shoot something they had their hands on one day.

Thanks everyone. I'll put up more pics next time I take it out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts