Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my last update with my spikes m4 and lucid hd 7 I had my groups down pretty decent at 50 yrds but I wasn't that happy with them. I later added a spikes bar rail and somehow ( I have the worst luck ever ) after the rail install my scope was off. So I went to the outdoor range and was promptly kicked out from the 50/100 bench rest and sent to the pit ( big hole with stuff in it to shoot ). I think the RO was just in a bad mood the rifle was not shooting dangerously high and was nowhere near the top of burn or orange flags.

Anyway after getting pretty pissed left and went to a local indoor range that lets you shoot rifles , it is about 30 yards.

After getting it sighted in this is what I had and was pretty happy.

Took it back to outdoor range and went to the 100 ( 50 was full ) after some adjustments my last mag was all bulls and was very happy with that.

I cannot say enough about the Lucid HD7 it is a great red dot , I find I like the small red dot sight picture vs the circle and cross hairs I was using before.

This is the rifle

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I wouldn't call it bad luck. You did pull the barrel, that will change you point of impact from the first sighting in of your optic. ;)

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have the HD7 and it is a great sight, I have mine sighted in at 50 and it shoots about 1-2" high at 100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts