Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Great comparative pics, jusgetnbuy. I was noticing the difference in width of the two mags. I would like to know the magwall thickness between the two guns. I wonder if the .45 magwalls have been shaved, to save on over all width of the grip?

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Thanx for the effort. Very enlightening.

Ed

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know beggers shouldn't be choosers and all but do you got any pics of the new XD45 compared to a Glock 21 or USP-45F? I'm thinking that these two handguns are going to be the XD45's two main competitors.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Grunt said:
I know beggers shouldn't be choosers and all but do you got any pics of the new XD45 compared to a Glock 21 or USP-45F? I'm thinking that these two handguns are going to be the XD45's two main competitors.
When it comes to laying down your hard-earned greenbacks, the XD will be the winner.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Frenchy said:
Grunt said:
When it comes to laying down your hard-earned greenbacks, the XD will be the winner.

I have to agree with you.

I think this is going to be a great seller for SA.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Frenchy said:
Grunt said:
I don't know. I have both the USP-45 and a Glock 21 and both of them would be hard to beat. I'm not saying that the new XD45 wouldn't be a solid performer (and I plan on getting one as soon as I can find a 5" model) against them but until I get a chance to try them all side by side, I think I'm going to withhold any judgement. I will say though that my S&W SW99 in .45 ACP is most likely going to be my sacraficial lamb to get the new XD45 though. :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....

There..... One for the chamber and one for each round in the magazine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
WARHEAD'Z said:
I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....I WILL own a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP pistol soon.....

There..... One for the chamber and one for each round in the magazine.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: +1

·
Registered
107 Posts
Frenchy said:
Grunt said:
I will definately be buying the XD45, but the HK is tough to beat.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Too cool! Thanks!

Seeing that theres not much difference in sizes makes it hard for me to wait much longer to trade the XD40 for the 45ACP version.

Again...they should have introduced THIS model FIRST!

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Brickboy240 said:
Too cool! Thanks!

Seeing that theres not much difference in sizes makes it hard for me to wait much longer to trade the XD40 for the 45ACP version.

Again...they should have introduced THIS model FIRST!

- Brickboy240
Ain't that that the flippin' truth!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I am not really a fan of conspiracies, but I can't help but think that some gun companies release the 9mm and 40SW versions first and get people buying them....knowing damn well that if they released the 45ACP first, the 9mm and 40SW sales would tank or at the least, be less than stellar.

I think S&W is doing this with the M&P and Springfield dragged their feet on releasing the 45ACP XD because of this....but I cannot prove it.

Come on now...how many of you would have fooled with the 9mm or 40SW version of the XD, if the 45ACP version was there in the beginning? How many times have you looked at new pistol designs in a gunstore and said to yourselves, "thats neat...do they make it in 45ACP?" Too many times, have I said this.

I can say for a fact that I never would have owned anything in 40SW, if the 45ACP was a choice. With 3 1911s and a Sig 220, I am too invested in the 45ACP caliber. I am betting several others are in the same boat. This is also the same reason many of us passed on the 45GAP as well.

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
One of the reasons that I went 5 years between these guns, was that I wasn't interested in the .40, GAP or 357.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts